Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

2 minutes ago, freddo1992 said:

I mean this is pretty easy for you to say as you already have insider information. Usually lineups are revealed by now and everyone is more anxious about it possibly not going ahead. We’ve had so much bad news, people (me included) are craving some news that can get us excited for the summer.

Agreed but it’ll be worth the wait. Hopefully.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Don’t see how the Kooks could be headliners at Truck but sub at Tramlines? 

Did you not see the 2020 line ups? 

17 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Im thinking Libertines/Supergrass/Madness. 

Unlikely. I'd probably say no. 

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

*between x3 - x4 times the capacity. There is quite a big difference, but not always a big difference in headliners, its sometimes more the main stage line ups as a whole. 

tramlines isn't 60-80k? its like 30k ish i thought thats only about 50% bigger (per day obviously)

Edited by gfa

4 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Did you not see the 2020 line ups? 

Unlikely. I'd probably say no. 

Was assuming they’d be bumped up to headliner after the truck announcement (didn’t know that truck was so much smaller). 

im thrilled if that prediction proves to be wrong, was my pessimistic guess. At this point I just want Bombay Bicycle Club to headline, from the likely pool that would hype me up. 

Circa Waves, Pale Waves and Vistas on the undercard and we’ve got a festival on our hands! 

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

@JBarbourare you able to confidently rule out the chance of libertines playing tramlines or ynot? Really not sure whether to buy tickets for their tour, if I know I’d see them then I won’t bother

At this point the third headliner could be anyone! I'm not even sure if they have anyone booked at this point. I don't think Y Not or Boardmasters have their line up in order either, but things can change quickly. 

The Sheffield show maybe ruled them out, maybe it sells out instantly and they get booked. Who knows. I think their performance fell flat some years back, it was just before the Hillsborough move. 

Edited by JBarbour

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

At this point the third headliner could be anyone! I'm not even sure if they have anyone booked at this point. I don't think Y Not or Boardmasters have their line up in order either, but things can change quickly. 

The Sheffield show maybe ruled them out, maybe it sells out instantly and they get booked. Who knows. I don't think their performance fell flat some years back, it was just before the Hillsborough move. 

They were terrible on Ponderosa and I love The Libs. Just not right place for them. Hopefully see them at the o2 which will be miles better. 

27 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Oh interesting combo. I'd enjoy that. 

But it's a no from me 😀

Worth a try. 😄

20 minutes ago, Dronx said:

They were terrible on Ponderosa and I love The Libs. Just not right place for them. Hopefully see them at the o2 which will be miles better. 

I think The Libertines might be a little bit small to headline this nowadays anyway.  Not that they'd play lower down, I think they'd probably just headline smaller fests than this one now. Like they are doing at Bingley this summer.

Although. they probably could play lower if The Kooks are happy to take a slot like that.

Edited by dentalplan

29 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

The Sheffield show maybe ruled them out, maybe it sells out instantly and they get booked. Who knows. I think their performance fell flat some years back, it was just before the Hillsborough move. 

Fair point thank you, I’ll likely get a ticket to see them then and just sell if they’re at one of these fests but it does seem reasonably unlikely I guess

20 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Truck is 10k I think, Tramlines is between 30k and 40k. 

fuck me your right, how the fuck do truck get such good lineups its actually crazy how big the acts they get are honestly. must make like no money vs y not which has the same lineup and 3x the capacity.

59 minutes ago, gfa said:

fuck me your right, how the fuck do truck get such good lineups its actually crazy how big the acts they get are honestly. must make like no money vs y not which has the same lineup and 3x the capacity.

@JBarbour could explain better but lots of these festivals have the same owner or Booker etc which is why each year they are near identical to eachother regardless of size 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

4 minutes ago, Samjones said:

@JBarbour could explain better but lots of these festivals have the same owner or Booker etc which is why each year they are near identical to eachother regardless of size 

Yeah basically group booking acts. Same owner, same booker, and even the same team of marketing for both Truck and Tramlines. If you throw Victorious into the mix as well, which is a massive event that makes Tramlines look small. They'll book acts over a few years for a group of events.