Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

31 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Haha. Might only have to wait until next week. Don't hold me to that, but I believe next week is the earliest they can announce. 

Plus it could worse, could have a Boomtown ticket and they have chosen not to make an announcement until you walk through the gates. 

Honestly i am a fan of this, brave from boomtown and i rate it a lot - super cool idea

10 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Haha. Might only have to wait until next week. Don't hold me to that, but I believe next week is the earliest they can announce. 

Plus it could worse, could have a Boomtown ticket and they have chosen not to make an announcement until you walk through the gates. 

I really don’t understand why this is the case with Y Not and Tramlines 😞 

but Y Not posted as soon as they know we will know basically 

3 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

I really don’t understand why this is the case with Y Not and Tramlines 😞 

but Y Not posted as soon as they know we will know basically 

It's not always up to the festivals and organisers when they announce. There are a lot of things in play. 

I don't get why it makes any difference whether its this week or next or even next month. The line up is the line up, it won't make it any better or worse when they announce it. Going on previous line ups and other similar events you can get a good idea what acts are likely to play. These festivals and the bookers are well aware of their target audience so if you've liked previous line ups chances are you'll like this line up. I wouldn't worry about it, bands in a field with mates and drinking 😄

Saying all that I'm still 50/50 of events going ahead in July. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Is this because they have a headliner others haven't? I got the feeling the kendal/victorious announcements were timed around the streets as they dropped within a short period of each other 

I have bands I would love to see at Tramlines but if they are not there then regardless its a fantastic weekend.  

In the past there have been bands I have not listened to before or seen live and gone on to see them again at their own gigs - TDCC, Sea Girls, Tom Grennan, Bang Bang Romeo & The Rifles spring to mind.    Conversely there have been Headliners I thought would be amazing and were actually pretty poo - Noel G !

Also the Sunday night slot last time - Chic - a touch of genius even though I had no interest in them.

From the original 2020 line up hoping to see DMA's, The Magic Gang, The Sherlocks & Easy Life remain.

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Haha ok. 

At least two new headliners is what I'll be sticking to! 🤪

Madness // Kooks stepup??-Royal Blood-Bombay // Libertines then

i'm going with bombay

42 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

No 😛

Maybe one we’ve not expected? Vaccines are due to release a new album soon and are releasing details of that soon? Bloc party dont appear to have anything announced this year when I believe they were about last year? Any idea if they share these headliners with boardmasters also?

24 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Maybe one we’ve not expected? Vaccines are due to release a new album soon and are releasing details of that soon? Bloc party dont appear to have anything announced this year when I believe they were about last year? Any idea if they share these headliners with boardmasters also?

Boardmasters I've no idea about, there out there doing their own thing with own bookers. I do however believe/educated guess Tramlines, Y Not and Boardmasters have struggled with line ups and agents. I've said this for quite some time. 

If anyone follows industry related news you'll see agents and other things changing since covid fucked the industry. Honestly don't blame Tramlines, Y Not and Boardmasters peoples, I'd imagine they are stressed! 

8 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

I’m just going to through loads of bands in the mix and see your opinions 

Royal Blood/The Kooks/Bombay Bicycle Club/The Streets/Madness/Richard Ashcroft/Foals/The Libertines/Courteeners/Vaccines 

Give me a trio then and I'll rule it out if it's wrong 😀

Remembering it's not my line up to announce and I don't know everything, I'm not the organiser. 

6 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I'm not saying I'm going to answer them all. All day everyday. I may do a few. 😀

As I say I'm not the organiser, I don't know everything and it's for me to announce a line up. 

Maybe so however I feel after the pain we have all suffered knowing one or even two 😉 headliners would really cheer us all up so what do you say lad 

The Saturday headliner is ...........

Edited by Ethan_Crossley96

1 minute ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Maybe so however I feel after the pain we have all suffered knowing one or even two 😉 headliners would really cheer us all up so what do you say lad 

The Saturday headliner is ...........

Haha. Who says they have a Saturday headliner booked?

You turned down my offer of having a trio ruled out.