Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

2 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Yeah be good to have a fresh line up I suppose, its hard to get excited for festival announcements when you know 80%+ acts are the same. 

I think I'm be more looking forward to beers in a field with friends and seeing some up and coming bands when I can get to an event. 

Thats what Festivals are about though.  Its more than just the Headliners.  

3 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Good chance the line up is next week, unless agents still not playing nice. 

Any clues as to why the agents aren’t playing nice? Have the acts not been announced anywhere as of yet or is it something along the lines of they have their own gig tickets to shift or something entirely different?

2 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Any clues as to why the agents aren’t playing nice? Have the acts not been announced anywhere as of yet or is it something along the lines of they have their own gig tickets to shift or something entirely different?

I think agents can just be cockends for the most part haha. 

It could be for any number of reasons an act has other dates to sell out, they want to announce after or along side something else like new music, other festival dates, power trips... 

Y Not and Tramlines looked to have pulled the short straw.  

1 minute ago, JBarbour said:

I think agents can just be cockends for the most part haha. 

It could be for any number of reasons an act has other dates to sell out, they want to announce after or along side something else like new music, other festival dates, power trips... 

Y Not and Tramlines looked to have pulled the short straw.  

Fair enough haha, on a personal note if it’s similar to the truck lineup (which it often is) then there’s plenty that will please me 

2 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Fair enough haha, on a personal note if it’s similar to the truck lineup (which it often is) then there’s plenty that will please me 

Its a mix of Truck, Victorious and the yet to be announced Y Not line up up, believe it or not. 😛 Much like it has been for the past few years.  

Edited by JBarbour

5 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Thinking about it actually. They could well of only had 2 headliners until recently! They've been waiting on that third. 

Waiting for another band that’s about 20 years past their sell by date to become available? What are Ash up to this summer 😂

1 minute ago, thatTFBguy said:

Waiting for another band that’s about 20 years past their sell by date to become available? What are Ash up to this summer 😂

Always gonna get the has-beens on festival line ups. Glasto is probably king of booking the has-been acts in headline slots 😄 

4 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Always gonna get the has-beens on festival line ups. Glasto is probably king of booking the has-been acts in headline slots 😄 

Tramlines going the record for most has-beens on one lineup based on all the predictions/rumours. 

Fingers crossed for a very strong undercard cause at this rate I’m going to be getting a head start on pre drinking for Leadmill during the headline sets. 

7 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Tramlines going the record for most has-beens on one lineup based on all the predictions/rumours. 

Fingers crossed for a very strong undercard cause at this rate I’m going to be getting a head start on pre drinking for Leadmill during the headline sets. 

Always some good stuff on Leadmill and Library Stage, I didn't see a headliner last year. 

Get a Boomtown ticket if you more about a festival experience and a few decent acts, their line ups are a right mix bag. Love Boomtown

Edited by JBarbour

2 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

This is so annoying other then Leeds and Slam Dunk these are the two festivals I’m doing this summer 🤪

Haha. Might only have to wait until next week. Don't hold me to that, but I believe next week is the earliest they can announce. 

Plus it could worse, could have a Boomtown ticket and they have chosen not to make an announcement until you walk through the gates. 

Edited by JBarbour