Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

3 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Not doubting their respective sizes (though Supergrass are surely only headline size at a tramlines type festival, with the strong family aspect). Royal Blood are okay, but not really my taste. Would probably watch but wouldn’t be hyped. 

At least if those were the headliners I wouldn’t be particularly bothered if/when the festival gets cancelled cause of covid! Silver lining, I suppose. better to lose a crap lineup than a good one. 

Christ you’re a miserable bugger aren't you

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, James179 said:

Shouldn’t be too long before we see a lineup now if other ones owned by the company are being released.

It's more likely Truck and Boardmasters will be announced first. So still some way off yet. I still don't think anything scheduled in at this point. 

6 hours ago, Samjones said:

Any reason as to why tramlines is being announced later than these when it’s before them?

I've not asked. Things may change but as far as I'm aware nothing is scheduled to be announced yet. It could be they have strong ticket sales without the line up compared to the other events. It could be that they pulled the short straw out of the Superstruct events. In some cases artist agents and other promoters can hold up line up announcements for example if an act has local(ish) tour dates to sell out first... 

It's not hard to predict the line up based on other announcements that share the same bookers and parent company. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JBarbour said:

I've not asked. Things may change but as far as I'm aware nothing is scheduled to be announced yet. It could be they have strong ticket sales without the line up compared to the other events. It could be that they pulled the short straw out of the Superstruct events. In some cases artist agents and other promoters can hold up line up announcements for example if an act has local(ish) tour dates to sell out first... 

It's not hard to predict the line up based on other announcements that share the same bookers and parent company. 

I hope this is a hint,

With this in mind my calculated guess is Supergrass/The Street/Madness as The Streets are booked for both Victorious and Kendall. Madness were set to play last year and are at Victorious. Supergrass are playing Kendall. I wouldn’t be extremely excited about this lineup if it is true as a whole. However The Streets would be incredible and the undercard I feel will make up for it. But at the end of the day I know it’s a music festival but will be two year since the last one by the time and having a weaker lineup want take too much away from having an amazing time. 

Maybe I’m just being widely optimistic but I just cannot see a festival going from Ian Brown/Catfish/Madness to Supergrass/The Streets/Madness that would be a hilariously bad downgrade.

The backlash would be borderline comical - has to be a stronger lineup than that, I mean 2019 had Courtneers/Two Door Cinema Club headlining. 

someone please tell me the lineup isn’t going to be that tragic. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Maybe I’m just being widely optimistic but I just cannot see a festival going from Ian Brown/Catfish/Madness to Supergrass/The Streets/Madness that would be a hilariously bad downgrade.

The backlash would be borderline comical - has to be a stronger lineup than that, I mean 2019 had Courtneers/Two Door Cinema Club headlining. 

Nobody has said it is that trio 😛 that's someone's prediction/hopes.

Everyone has opinions. I personal find Ian Brown woeful live despite being a big Roses fan. And I think I'm probably too old to find Catfish appealing, but I'd have happily gone to another stage. You can venture away from headliners you know? Generally some great up and coming bands on smaller stages. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

I'm a massive roses fan, but Ian Brown headlining is a massive downgrade from 2019 headliners and he's abysmal, however each to their own like anything as that's only my opinion. Tramlines this year will be about the other acts, some fantastic up and coming artists knocking around festival circuit alongside some good solid established acts. Have a look at victorious and kendal calling, solid line ups and I imagine some good acts shared. Either way will be a brilliant weekend regardless of the headliner which is one act out of a good 10. If we even get to the festival after all this shit, put me in a field with some mates I dont really care who's on in front of me.

Edited by KBR1991
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KBR1991 said:

I'm a massive roses fan, but Ian Brown headlining is a massive downgrade from 2019 headliners and he's abysmal, however each to their own like anything as that's only my opinion. Tramlines this year will be about the other acts, some fantastic up and coming artists knocking around festival circuit alongside some good solid established acts. Have a look at victorious and kendal calling, solid line ups and I imagine some good acts shared. Either way will be a brilliant weekend regardless of the headliner which is one act out of a good 10. If we even get to the festival after all this shit, put me in a field with some mates I dont really care who's on in front of me.

I’d just like to put it on record that I cannot stand Ian Brown and I had no intention of watching him had 2020 happened.

My point was more that objectively he’s a bigger draw than any of SuperGrass/The Streets/Madness. 

2 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Nobody has said it is that trio 😛 that's someone's prediction/hopes.

Everyone has opinions. I personal find Ian Brown woeful live despite being a big Roses fan. And I think I'm probably too old to find Catfish appealing, but I'd have happily gone to another stage. You can venture away from headliners you know? Generally some great up and coming bands on smaller stages. 

That comment reads to me like the prediction is pretty spot on! Preparing myself for a massive disappointment in a couple months time (assuming we won’t get a lineup till May at this rate). 

To each their own in these matters but to me a 3-day festival that is 0/3 for headliners you care about is a disappointment. 

The headliners may not be everything but you want at least one that appeals. Seeing as the headliner situation is clearly gonna be bleak as fuck, I’m praying for a stronger undercard. 

(also for the record I hate Ian Brown, not arsed in the slightest he’s been bin off, gutted catfish have been though) 

I agree in my opinion Sugergrass/The Streets/Madness isn’t the best set of headliners the festival has ever had but the amount of cracking indie bands coming through this summer is incredible and if you like Catfish and are disappointed to loose them (myself included) search for new bands like catfish and discover them early on to build a relationship between you and the band this is the perfect year to find new music. 

A few of my personal favourites that may be likely are: 

The Night Café, The K’s, The Reytons, Easy Life, Corella, M60 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

I agree in my opinion Sugergrass/The Streets/Madness isn’t the best set of headliners the festival has ever had but the amount of cracking indie bands coming through this summer is incredible and if you like Catfish and are disappointed to loose them (myself included) search for new bands like catfish and discover them early on to build a relationship between you and the band this is the perfect year to find new music. 

A few of my personal favourites that may be likely are: 

The Night Café, The K’s, The Reytons, Easy Life, Corella, M60 

Along those lines I’m hoping for Vistas on the lineup - loved their debut album last year. 

Discovered Sea Girls at Tramlines 2019 and now seen them 4-5 times, so definitely will be exploring the undercard fully if the headliners turn out to be (imo) a total misfire. 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Is this sarcasm

Give us a hint please 

I think no matter what I say it will seem like trolling or sarcasm. 😀 Looks like Truck is the next announcement and then possibly Boardmasters, Tramlines could be at least a few weeks off. Although Y Not not in the same group of events anymore I think they are a similar case with a later announcement like Tramlines. We'll see.

Some of these festivals are still finalising the line ups by the way, there is always a reason when festivals announce its not just a date they make up themselves. 

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

I think no matter what I say it will seem like trolling or sarcasm. 😀 Looks like Truck is the next announcement and then possibly Boardmasters, Tramlines could be at least a few weeks off. Although Y Not not in the same group of events anymore I think they are a similar case with a later announcement like Tramlines. We'll see.

Some of these festivals are still finalising the line ups by the way, there is always a reason when festivals announce its not just a date they make up themselves. 

Here’s a left field question, do we know if Camden Brewery will be the beer of the festival again? 

Was mint being able to get a Camden Hells and Pale at every single bar, much better than the likes of Carlsberg at R+L.