Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

1 hour ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

@JBarbourdo you know the full lineup 

1 hour ago, Samjones said:

@JBarbour following the above question, if you do know the lineup, how many of last years headliners have stayed the same? Thank you

No I don't know the full line up. I know a headliner that has replaced someone and a big chuck of the line up that have stuck around. I ordinarily guessed it was Catfish replaced has they got announced for R&L and the replacement came on board as early as August last year. I could be completely wrong about Catfish though. 

• Upvote 1

I’m just speculating on this one but it seems a safe bet to say Ian Brown won’t be performing. 
So far has been dropped from Neighbourhood Weekender with James replacing him, and his Twitter rants about vaccinated crowds would suggest he won’t be performing much this summer.

If Tramlines do replace him hopefully they’ll follow suit with James, a brilliant band.

10 hours ago, James179 said:

I’m just speculating on this one but it seems a safe bet to say Ian Brown won’t be performing. 
So far has been dropped from Neighbourhood Weekender with James replacing him, and his Twitter rants about vaccinated crowds would suggest he won’t be performing much this summer.

If Tramlines do replace him hopefully they’ll follow suit with James, a brilliant band.

I think it’s safe to say of the original 3 headliners only Madness will stick around.

37 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

If you had to hazard a guess on the three headliners who we thinking:

(I want to go again this year as 2019 was quality but don’t want to buy a ticket then a festival on the same weekend to have a better lineup) 

Personally I think - 

Blossoms/Courteeners/Madness 

No chance Courteeners. They did it the last time. 

I reckon it’ll be James, Foals & Madness

41 minutes ago, Dronx said:

No chance Courteeners. They did it the last time. 

I reckon it’ll be James, Foals & Madness

I would love Foals 

only reason I said teeners was the fact they aren’t already announced anywhere and the post on insta the other day  

im not too fussed for James or Madness so if it is Foals I hope they’re Friday headliner and I’ll just get a Day ticket for £45 

Edited by Ethan_Crossley96

5 hours ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

If you had to hazard a guess on the three headliners who we thinking:

(I want to go again this year as 2019 was quality but don’t want to buy a ticket then a festival on the same weekend to have a better lineup) 

Personally I think - 

Blossoms/Courteeners/Madness 

Would love Courteeners back, can’t see it though.

Are Blossoms big enough? Boring band imo so I hope not, but I’ve sort of given up hope of even one headliner that suits me so it’ll probably be spot on. 

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

Would love Courteeners back, can’t see it though.

Are Blossoms big enough? Boring band imo so I hope not, but I’ve sort of given up hope of even one headliner that suits me so it’ll probably be spot on. 

I hear a lot of stick about Blossoms I personally really enjoy their music never seen them live and think they could make decent Friday Headliners but looking at past lineup I struggle to imagine on par with the likes of Stereophonics, Two Door Cinema Club but the festival might want to give them a break so we will have to see 

Edited by Ethan_Crossley96

30 minutes ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

I hear a lot of stick about Blossoms I personally really enjoy their music never seen them live and think they could make decent Friday Headliners but looking at past lineup I struggle to imagine on par with the likes of Stereophonics, Two Door Cinema Club but the festival might want to give them a break so we will have to see 

My missus likes them, but they’re just so boring in my opinion, especially live - if they headlined they’d have to be for a chilled Sunday, not a Friday opener at all. 

Would be absolutely unreal for Gerry to be on the Friday.

What a way to tell covid to f*ck off.

Realistic dream for me,

Gerry / Foals / Madness

with an undercard including some bouncy artists like dizzee and example.

and some chilled class bands such as michael kiwanuka or blossoms.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Samjones said:

As expected madness looks nailed on. Wouldn’t be surprised if we got royal blood and either Ashcroft or supergrass as the other two headliners 

Madness are essentially confirmed. 

The other ones you’ve suggested would be tragic. Supergrass basically fill the same family-friendly spot as Madness so would be pretty disappointed if they went with two family acts for the weekend.

Honestly convinced the headliners are going to be really bad this year, but don’t think they’ll be quite as bad as Royal Blood/Supergrass/Madness which would comically bad. 

28 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Madness are essentially confirmed. 

The other ones you’ve suggested would be tragic. Supergrass basically fill the same family-friendly spot as Madness so would be pretty disappointed if they went with two family acts for the weekend.

Honestly convinced the headliners are going to be really bad this year, but don’t think they’ll be quite as bad as Royal Blood/Supergrass/Madness which would comically bad. 

Royal blood are ace mate. And while ashcroft and supergrass aren’t my cup of tea either, they are headline sized

32 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Royal blood are ace mate. And while ashcroft and supergrass aren’t my cup of tea either, they are headline sized

Not doubting their respective sizes (though Supergrass are surely only headline size at a tramlines type festival, with the strong family aspect). Royal Blood are okay, but not really my taste. Would probably watch but wouldn’t be hyped. 

At least if those were the headliners I wouldn’t be particularly bothered if/when the festival gets cancelled cause of covid! Silver lining, I suppose. better to lose a crap lineup than a good one. 

• Downvote 2