Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

Ian Brown removed from the Neighbourhood Weekender lineup (which is now September), replaced by James. 

Seems very likely he won’t be at Tramlines, which suits me down to the ground cause a) not into his music b) he’s a looney

Just need them to keep Catfish and get another dark fruits favoured headliner and I’ll be chuffed. 

Wonder when they’ll announce anything, reckon it could be a while for some reason they were super slow in 2020 as well. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/26/2021 at 8:29 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Are these long-rumoured Arctic Monkeys gigs ever gonna happen, or is it just an urban myth?

The licence application is still open, but it certainly won't happen the original dates that SJM applied for. 

With no dates details included on the online application, the only details being Fri, Sat, Sun for the event known as Cosmic 2021. 

It could well be cursed, AM playing Hillsborough at this point after two false starts 😄 

12 minutes ago, sisco said:

Any ideas if we’re expecting a Victorious announcement soon and a change of headliner (Brown)

I don't know its Brown that been dropped from any Superstruct festival. The original headliner I thought had been dropped from Tramlines was announced by another larger festival and promoter. 

But with the news of Neighbourhood dropping him could be an indication promoters don't want him on their line ups or he doesn't want to play.

Edited by JBarbour

15 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

It could well be two headliner changes for Tramlines now then. 

Catfish seem to be playing other festivals this summer so would they be the only headliner staying?

Do you have any idea on replacements too? Saw James had replaced Ian Brown at Neighbourhood Weekender, would like to see them here.

6 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

The originally headliner I thought had been dropped from Tramlines was announced by another larger festival and promoter. 

See this immediately makes me think of Catfish and the Bottlemen, but then they've just been announced for Neighborhood, which I'd say is around the same size as Tramlines

Just now, thatTFBguy said:

So I’m assuming that Catfish dropped now, as they must be the act ‘announced at a larger festival’ cause that’s defo not Madness. 

That sucks! 

It was some months back when I last had any info. Back then only one headliner was changing, I believed that to be Catfish at the time as they got announced for R&L and could well be a bigger pay day for them. This was well before anything with Ian Brown was kicking off. He could of ruled himself out. 

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

See this immediately makes me think of Catfish and the Bottlemen, but then they've just been announced for Neighborhood, which I'd say is around the same size as Tramlines

Live Nation and SJM are more or less partners to be fair, so it wouldn't be out of place for their events to share acts. 

It could well of been Brown that dropped out, but it was as early as August last year the Tramlines line up had already changed. In my mind it just tied in with the R&L announcement. 

10 hours ago, JBarbour said:

The act they had lined up as a replacement is better than Catfish, Brown and madness, in my opinion. So whoever they were replacing, it seemed a better line up for me. 

Do you know if this act is definitely booked and if so. Any hints to who it may be 😉

Just now, Samjones said:

Do you know if this act is definitely booked and if so. Any hints to who it may be 😉

It came from a direct source so I'd have my nuts cut off if I shared that 😄

I'm about as clued up as everyone else at this point. All I know is they lost a headliner way back in August, that I guessed was Catfish due to Reading&Leeds booking, but I could be wrong on that. That new headliner is likely to still be in place. 

22 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

It came from a direct source so I'd have my nuts cut off if I shared that 😄

I'm about as clued up as everyone else at this point. All I know is they lost a headliner way back in August, that I guessed was Catfish due to Reading&Leeds booking, but I could be wrong on that. That new headliner is likely to still be in place. 

Haha that is fair enough and yes it would make sense for it to have been catfish but who knows. Could you at least say if the replacement you know of fit a similar demographic of fans as catfish?

27 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Sounding like the headliners might not be for me this year then. 

Hoping for a decent undercard at least. The likes of Circa Waves, Sea Girls, Pale Waves and Vistas would be great. 

Don't hold me to Catfish not being there this year (if it goes ahead), it's just a guess it was them dropping out. Although it could well be the case Brown and Catfish no longer there, they could well go for a whole new set of headliners as Madness wasn't a strong booking but fit in with Tramlines demographic - Catfish for the youths/trendies, Brown for the bucket hat wearing cider drinkers and people hanging onto their youth/hair-line, Madness for the oldies and parents taking their kids. 😀

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Don't hold me to Catfish not being there this year (if it goes ahead), it's just a guess it was them dropping out. Although it could well be the case Brown and Catfish no longer there, they could well go for a whole new set of headliners as Madness wasn't a strong booking but fit in with Tramlines demographic - Catfish for the youths/trendies, Brown for the bucket hat wearing cider drinkers and people hanging onto their youth/hair-line, Madness for the oldies and parents taking their kids. 😀

Yeah Tramlines always seems to opt for a family booking for the Sunday - which Madness fits well so would be surprised to see them not rebooked, likely pretty cheap as well.

Shite booking in my opinion but get why they do it, festival has a strong family/older demographic so want a headliner that’ll play to them. 

Will be interesting to see what the lineup is now regardless, would be madness (no pun intended) if they completely swapped them all out but if Catfish ain’t there I hope they do. Brown/Madness did not interest me at all.

I have a strange feeling Rev and the Maker will headline, swear on Tramlines social media see nothing but people calling for them. Wouldn’t be in the discussion for any other festival but think at Tramlines they could be. 

12 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Yeah Tramlines always seems to opt for a family booking for the Sunday - which Madness fits well so would be surprised to see them not rebooked, likely pretty cheap as well.

Shite booking in my opinion but get why they do it, festival has a strong family/older demographic so want a headliner that’ll play to them. 

Will be interesting to see what the lineup is now regardless, would be madness (no pun intended) if they completely swapped them all out but if Catfish ain’t there I hope they do. Brown/Madness did not interest me at all.

I have a strange feeling Rev and the Maker will headline, swear on Tramlines social media see nothing but people calling for them. Wouldn’t be in the discussion for any other festival but think at Tramlines they could be. 

Tramlines along with the likes of Truck, Kendal, Y Not, Victorious, Standon... all have freelance bookers (same person/team for years) so they more or less get what they are given in terms of headliners and larger acts then lower down the line up local and regional acts fill up the stages. 

19 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

Wouldn’t be too sure on Reverend, I remember he tweeted when the lineup came out saying he couldn’t do it every year and was taking a break.

Although with the year they missed it could count as the break.

With how expensive the festival has gotten now (£140 for tickets currently) you’d hope they have a bigger band than Reverend headlining. As much as I like them wouldn’t say they’re headlining material.

12 minutes ago, Samjones said:

Would be truly annoyed if rev were headlining. Acts I could see potentially headlining are; vaccines, wolf alice, blossoms, 1975, foals, royal blood and bastille

Primal Scream, Stereophonics and Richard Ashcroft could be in the running too I'd expect. Not sure if Primal Scream are big enough though and Stereophonics probably did it too recently.