Tramlines 2021 and Hillsborough Gigs

JBarbour

Get this rolling. 

Tramlines returning 23 - 25 July. I could be wrong but last I heard it will be a very similar line up to 2020. Organisers are working with artists and agents to see what bands can return. 

Tickets should be going on sale soon from the resale of tickets that weren't carried over. 

Hillsborough Gigs

Licence applications for live music and alcohol sales have reappeared over the past few weeks for three shows between June 4-6 2021 at Hillsborough Park. The same ones that appeared pre-covid and lockdown. SJM Concerts are applying as the promoter, so these are separate to Tramlines Festival and the organisers.  

Edited by JBarbour

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

Wonder how much of a supporting bill monkeys would bring, i doubt it will be a full day probably just 2-3 acts before them as they will easily sell all 3 dates out

The Hillsbourugh gigs are scheduled for 16:00 to 23:00 each day

So if the headliner doing a 2 hour set they could put on a decent supporting bill. When AM played Don Valley Bowl they had 3 support acts. 

Edited by JBarbour
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Dronx said:

That’s exciting about the monkeys application. Any idea on the planned capacity? Similar to tramlines? A tent set up was mentioned a couple of years ago. 

The capacity will be less than Tramlines I would of thought. Tramlines is 5/6 stages plus all the extra stuff. Single gigs will likely be one stage, a handful of eating places and a few bars. Will also depend if its an outdoor stage or in a big tent.

It still might not go ahead. 

• 5 months later...

Looking at possibly doing Tramlines as wouldn't mind going to another festival this summer after a lot of lost time over the last year. Can anyone recommend if it's any good? Worth the money, easy to get to from the centre & any decent after parties? I'm assuming the line-up would be similar to what was announced for 2020. 

31 minutes ago, foolee said:

Looking at possibly doing Tramlines as wouldn't mind going to another festival this summer after a lot of lost time over the last year. Can anyone recommend if it's any good? Worth the money, easy to get to from the centre & any decent after parties? I'm assuming the line-up would be similar to what was announced for 2020. 

very good. wholeheartedly recommend 

46 minutes ago, foolee said:

Im bias cause Sheffield is my city, but it’s excellent.

Obviously lineup depended but was easily worth the money in 2019, even if I was only able to go two days out of three still felt like I got a bargain. 

Dead easy to go to the site, a tram will take you literally to the door and back into the city afterward (is tramlines after all) - queue to get on at end of the night is a pain though cause they man it to make sure people are paying for a ticket. 

In terms of after parties you’ve got all of Sheffield to work with, including the greatest club in the world Leadmill.

All in can’t recommend it enough! 

2 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

@JBarbouryou heard anything? Dying to know if Catfish are back? 

I've not been bothering the Tramlines team lately so out of the loop at the moment. The last time I spoke to them at least one of the headliners had changed and I had a good indication as to why. 

It had a positive impact overall on the line up as a whole and made it better imo. So we'll see what happens over the coming weeks. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

I've not been bothering the Tramlines team lately so out of the loop at the moment. The last time I spoke to them at least one of the headliners had changed and I had a good indication as to why. 

It had a positive impact overall on the line up as a whole and made it better imo. So we'll see what happens over the coming weeks. 

Ian Brown then

3 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Cheers mate! 

Hoping you mean Ian Brown, not just cause Im not into his music but because I don’t want my ticket money going to a bloke who’s promoting anti vax shit. Shouldn’t even play the festival based on his last tweet saying he’d never play for a crowd that had been vaccinated. 

Fingers crossed it’s not Catfish swapped out though, that would be devastating for me !