Record Store Day 2020

Punksnotdead

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I suspect you'll be able to pick that up online at 6.  Though you're maybe better off saving some shekels and picking up a copy from Discogs or a charity shop. 

Just did that very thing. Given it's my only purchase today I'm comfortable with it, shekel-wise.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Being charitable, the second drop of releases seems a bit thinner than the first.

Yeah, about 50, compared to 300+ on the first drop. October's is even smaller I think.

I couldn't resist getting The Ramones, despite already owning about 4 live albums & them all sounding basically the same! Still sounds fucking great though! 🙂

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 7:29 PM, Gnomicide said:

D'oh only noticed this and there's a few I would have bought! Probably for the best. My vinyl spend in lockdown has been through the roof!

17 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Not sure if this is the best thread but Banquet Records are doing personalised signed copies of Shame's new record for this weekend only.

Thanks for this, my Girlfriends due to finish her PhD in February so going to get a personalised message from her current favourite band for when she passes 🙂

Don't suppose you know if any other stores do something like this? Noticed that Maximo Park and You Me At Six are doing the same offer on Banquet but cant see it on any other stores. 

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Thanks for this, my Girlfriends due to finish her PhD in February so going to get a personalised message from her current favourite band for when she passes 🙂

Don't suppose you know if any other stores do something like this? Noticed that Maximo Park and You Me At Six are doing the same offer on Banquet but cant see it on any other stores. 

Brilliant, I'm sure she will love it. Remember, they are closing the orders for it at some point before tomorrow.

I've seen Banquet do it a few times but with their gigs etc., they're quite a 'big' indie store. 

Longwell Records did something along those lines with a couple of releases last year if memory serves me correctly. 

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Recordstore.co.uk do a lot of signed copies but not personalised.