Record Store Day 2020

Punksnotdead

My record store of choice, Jumbo in Leeds, did it where you booked slots so will be there on Saturday spending some vouchers I got for my birthday. Main picks for me were BMX Bandits, Cure, Carter USM, Bowie, FSOL, Pastels, U2, Vaselines and a Ska compilation 

44 minutes ago, dondo said:

My record store of choice, Jumbo in Leeds, did it where you booked slots so will be there on Saturday spending some vouchers I got for my birthday. Main picks for me were BMX Bandits, Cure, Carter USM, Bowie, FSOL, Pastels, U2, Vaselines and a Ska compilation 

Looks like your list is similar to mine. Glad you're not ahead of me in the queue at my local!

Nice to see another fan of Pastels, Vaselines & BMX Bandits on here - Scottish indie rules!!!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Want that Craig Finn album but no way I'm queing up for hours only to be told they didn't have it in in the first place or the one copy they had has gone hours ago.

Banquet have 20+ copies, so it may be worth checking out their stock at 6pm when it goes live.

https://www.banquetrecords.com/craig-finn/all-these-perfect-crosses-[rsd20]/PTKF2183-1

44 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Want that Craig Finn album but no way I'm queing up for hours only to be told they didn't have it in in the first place or the one copy they had has gone hours ago.

Jeez, how many times people? All unsold stock will go online on Saturday evening - you'll almost certainly be able to buy it somewhere!

For a bunch of people who are happy to stand in a field in all weather for 5 days, you're an awful bunch of lightweights! 🙂

25 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Banquet have 20+ copies, so it may be worth checking out their stock at 6pm when it goes live.

https://www.banquetrecords.com/craig-finn/all-these-perfect-crosses-[rsd20]/PTKF2183-1

Cheers.

21 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Jeez, how many times people? All unsold stock will go online on Saturday evening - you'll almost certainly be able to buy it somewhere!

For a bunch of people who are happy to stand in a field in all weather for 5 days, you're an awful bunch of lightweights! 🙂

Alright, alright! :D

I hate getting up early and Probe is tiny, can't see them allowing more that 3 at a time in there.

• Upvote 1

Tomorrow's list is a little bit weak for me. I get why they've done it but spreading the releases over three dates rather than one leaves me with none of the dates having enough to justify dragging myself out of bed. Had they released everything on the same day I'd probably have done it but won't be bothering this time.

I'll probably look online in the evening to see if I can pick up anything that does interest me but won't be too disappointed if what I'd like is already gone by then.

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

why not phone them up and see if they have it and how many copies. Then if you want to go walk the queue asking if people are going to buy it. If they are back home. 

May  ot be worth getting up of course

21 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Looks like your list is similar to mine. Glad you're not ahead of me in the queue at my local!

Nice to see another fan of Pastels, Vaselines & BMX Bandits on here - Scottish indie rules!!!

Well being from Edinburgh originally always loved my Scottish indie

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Not half as scary as it used to be when Pete Burns worked there.

An older friend of mine was in a few bands in the 80s and a touring musician - he has told me about how Pete would be quite clear on his thoughts about your purchases. He once went in and had hold of one of his own albums, and Pete wasn't too complimentary. 😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

An older friend of mine was in a few bands in the 80s and a touring musician - he has told me about how Pete would be quite clear on his thoughts about your purchases. He once went in and had hold of one of his own albums, and Pete wasn't too complimentary. 😂

My tweet made it on to this when he passed away...

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/fans-remember-buying-records-from-pete-burns-1769961

Well got everything I wanted. Went to Bristol as local shop were not have 2 I was after and got most there apart from gorillaz and Nazareth. Bloody hugh queue but was there early

Then rocked up at my local and no one in there with loads of stock so picked up the ones I missed.

Back home by 10.15

• Upvote 1

Very slick at Jumbo in Leeds. Had a slot noon to 1pm and was number 1 in that hour. Went in and they had my stuff waiting for me. Got all bar 2 of what I wanted- missed out on the Cure and BMX Bandits. So will try online tonight