Sorry

Sdsm123

9 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

Sorry to anyone I’ve offended, i am genuine and all the messages really upset me and I suffer with eupd and was struggling with everyone being against me

I'm always upsetting people.. Just crack on init 

• Upvote 2

Hey, I wasn't online last night, but Ive caught up on the threads. I hope you're feeling a little better today. This forum is full of lovely people, all supportive , all Glsto obsessives, so will ask all the questions they can to gain a little more insight. We're all as open and honest (I hope) as we can be with some banter thrown in

Hope you stick around and hey if you feel like you're being personally attacked and not seeing things so straight as you could do take a step back for 24 hours , the internet is a funny old thing and lots can be misinterpreted. Hope to see you on the next virtual meet

Take care of yourself

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mph said:

To all of you, I've read silly stuff turn crazy in a short time, it's why I'm scared to say anything most of the time, Yoghurt is the most sensible person here 

Sorry if we do that. If I've ever been part of it by posting without thinking, then I apologise. Always feel free to PM me if you think I'm being a dick or joining in with general dickery.

10 hours ago, mph said:

To all of you, I've read silly stuff turn crazy in a short time, it's why I'm scared to say anything most of the time, Yoghurt is the most sensible person here 

A very valid point well made.  It's been noted before that because a lot of us are regulars, the responses and escalations can look pretty brutal to newcomers, and it's not unusual for people to forget that we're regulars and dish out the same treatment to newbies without really thinking about it.  Neil's also given us several proverbial clips round the ear for too many long-running in-jokes.

I try to stay away from the crazy and hopefully keep it nice, but FWIW I'll do my bit to bear this stuff in mind.

10 hours ago, mph said:

my general view is don't worry too much about the opinions of people weird enough to log onto a glastonbury forum every day even on a year when its not on.

Me being the exception, obviously.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mph said:

Same as stuatbert really ... I guess there’s some passion flying about a bit at the moment because of the stressful times ... not an excuse mind ... please don’t hesitate to post we are actually quite an accepting lot believe it or not :) 

15 hours ago, OG said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick

Have you seen what people are saying about you? How dare they call you sensible 😂

Well, I've never been so insulted in my whole life. I'm going to have to get my permanently on call legal team to look into this, and whether I can successfully sue for slander. Thanks for the tip off OG, as I wasn't aware that my good name was being besmirched in such a manner. 

Joking apart, I'm not so thick that I can't see why some / many people would consider me to have very limited access to commonly perceived sense. The way that I see it is that I am the actual embodiment of sense, in as far as I see it. As we are all aware, time on this planet is finite. Given this state of play it would be foolish to artificially distort my way of thinking, in order to achieve what would be a bogus level of conformity. 

Actually, you may find it hard to believe, but I was once silly enough to positively try to conform. In fact, I spent many years trying to do so. I got as far as having the job, the mortgage, the two week summer holiday every year etc etc. Well, to quote some words from the magnificent song ' Say Hello, Wave Goodbye' by the even more glorious Marc Almond 'Well it just wasn't me'.

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, I've never been so insulted in my whole life. I'm going to have to get my permanently on call legal team to look into this, and whether I can successfully sue for slander. Thanks for the tip off OG, as I wasn't aware that my good name was being besmirched in such a manner. 

Joking apart, I'm not so thick that I can't see why some / many people would consider me to have very limited access to commonly perceived sense. The way that I see it is that I am the actual embodiment of sense, in as far as I see it. As we are all aware, time on this planet is finite. Given this state of play it would be foolish to artificially distort my way of thinking, in order to achieve what would be a bogus level of conformity. 

Actually, you may find it hard to believe, but I was once silly enough to positively try to conform. In fact, I spent many years trying to do so. I got as far as having the job, the mortgage, the two week summer holiday every year etc etc. Well, to quote some words from the magnificent song ' Say Hello, Wave Goodbye' by the even more glorious Marc Almond 'Well it just wasn't me'.

To quote a friend of mine, "I'm not strange, people are just looking at me strangely"

Think we were 12 or 13 when he came out with that. Perceptive child.

18 hours ago, mph said:

Thank you mph, thank you. That is, without any doubt, the best and finest back handed compliment that I have ever been served. Only joking, as I believe that I do actually know the way that you intended it to be read, and that it wasn't backhanded at all.

It's a shame that you feel too scared to say / post what you'd like to though. However, I understand the reasons why you take this course of action. I should imagine that there are many lurkers on this site who feel exactly the same way, which is why they've never had the courage to make a first post. I'd like to be able to offer advice in this area, but am struggling to come up with anything that might be suitable. I suppose if I were forced to say something, then it would be to tell you (and any quiet lurkers) that this site needs people to comment / express their views etc. Without that input it will wither and die. 

The above said, I can see quite clearly why some people reacted to Sdsm123's comments in the way that they did. I mean, it really did appear that he / she was deliberately pressing every button marked 'Antagonise'. The people involved had absolutely no knowledge of his / her medical condition, and how it can affect judgement. Once they were made aware of thew condition, they have all, to my mind. righted the situation. That really all that anyone can hope for. There are people who do come onto this site to deliberately wind others up. I'd say that this instance was a misperceived notion that that was the situation in this case. 

@Sdsm123 - please do continue to hang around here, if that's what you'd like to do. OK, it may have got off the a shaky start, but now both sides are aware of why that came into being, it does not necessarily follow that it would continue to go down a combative path in every instance in the future.

22 hours ago, mph said:

Bollox.. Its obvious that it's me 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thank you mph, thank you. That is, without any doubt, the best and finest back handed compliment that I have ever been served. Only joking, as I believe that I do actually know the way that you intended it to be read, and that it wasn't backhanded at all.

It's a shame that you feel too scared to say / post what you'd like to though. However, I understand the reasons why you take this course of action. I should imagine that there are many lurkers on this site who feel exactly the same way, which is why they've never had the courage to make a first post. I'd like to be able to offer advice in this area, but am struggling to come up with anything that might be suitable. I suppose if I were forced to say something, then it would be to tell you (and any quiet lurkers) that this site needs people to comment / express their views etc. Without that input it will wither and die. 

The above said, I can see quite clearly why some people reacted to Sdsm123's comments in the way that they did. I mean, it really did appear that he / she was deliberately pressing every button marked 'Antagonise'. The people involved had absolutely no knowledge of his / her medical condition, and how it can affect judgement. Once they were made aware of thew condition, they have all, to my mind. righted the situation. That really all that anyone can hope for. There are people who do come onto this site to deliberately wind others up. I'd say that this instance was a misperceived notion that that was the situation in this case. 

@Sdsm123 - please do continue to hang around here, if that's what you'd like to do. OK, it may have got off the a shaky start, but now both sides are aware of why that came into being, it does not necessarily follow that it would continue to go down a combative path in every instance in the future.

This made me happy! 

I think I dealt with it badly on reflection and should of just stepped away! I feel I’ve learnt my lesson and am going to stick around as I spend a good 2 hours a day reading it! 

thanks for all the kind messages everyone!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sdsm123 said:

This made me happy! 

I think I dealt with it badly on reflection and should of just stepped away! I feel I’ve learnt my lesson and am going to stick around as I spend a good 2 hours a day reading it! 

thanks for all the kind messages everyone!

It's good to read that you have made the decision to stick around. It is also pleasing to know that you are evidently able to understand why some people reacted in the manner in which they did. However, the fore mentioned is nothing compared to witnessing your own forgiveness. Fair play.