Sorry

Sdsm123

Head up mate, forums aren't the greatest place for a polite chat, things quite often get taken wrongly or encourage people to take up a defensive stance. I've lost count of the amount of times I've read things and wanted to put forward an alternative point of view, only to decide against it when I remember that people rarely change their mind.

I've noticed that you find the "when will this shit end" thread a difficult place to be. I feel similarly, as though the people in there can come across as being superior, however I'm sure that in person they are all good people.

My advice, if you asked (which you haven't) is to stick to the factual threads about what's happening in the festival world, and keep away from the 'echo chamber' political threads.

Life is hard at the moment. Stay positive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, km9 said:

Head up mate, forums aren't the greatest place for a polite chat, things quite often get taken wrongly or encourage people to take up a defensive stance. I've lost count of the amount of times I've read things and wanted to put forward an alternative point of view, only to decide against it when I remember that people rarely change their mind.

I've noticed that you find the "when will this shit end" thread a difficult place to be. I feel similarly, as though the people in there can come across as being superior, however I'm sure that in person they are all good people.

My advice, if you asked (which you haven't) is to stick to the factual threads about what's happening in the festival world, and keep away from the 'echo chamber' political threads.

Life is hard at the moment. Stay positive.

Thanks for the advise mate

hope u feel better today. As km9 said, life's hard right now, and it can be difficult to properly express what you mean on the internet, its not the same as having a real conversation and things can sometimes be taken not how they were intended.

also, good on you for apologising.

Edited by Wellyboot
  • Like 1

if you ever find yourself getting wound up ... either step away as I advised several times yesterday or please pm me .... people are friendly round these parts and will give you a chance if you let them .... minus insults . .... good on you for apologising though . u know where I am if u need it ... and we will see you at the next online meet i hope 

• Upvote 1

Sorry for joining in the pile on, but I stand everything I said about getting a better reaction - the downvoting really does wind people up and going in strong calling people dickheads doesn't help get you a fair hearing.

But I do regret saying that when you were clearly upset. Hope you're feeling better today.

1 hour ago, km9 said:

I've lost count of the amount of times I've read things and wanted to put forward an alternative point of view, only to decide against it when I remember that people rarely change their mind.

Still sometimes hard to resist even if you know the outcome :)

1 hour ago, Sdsm123 said:

Sorry to anyone I’ve offended, i am genuine and all the messages really upset me and I suffer with eupd and was struggling with everyone being against me

My daughter has the same, well BPD which I believe are very similar.

Big love to you. Not an easy condition to live with at all. Internet forums can be a nightmare with it

6 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

My daughter has the same, well BPD which I believe are very similar.

Big love to you. Not an easy condition to live with at all. Internet forums can be a nightmare with it

I usually manage it really well but last night I really struggled! Hope your daughter is okay

@Sdsm123  Fair play to you for being big enough to say sorry.

This is actually a friendly place with loads of good people but I guess that you do actually know this.

Hopefully you'll actually meet many of them in the flesh next year and you'll be amazed how different they are in real life compared to how you imagine them to be....usually in a good way :D

I certainly was when I started to meet them......

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer