Currently in Somerset, any idea where I can see the Pyramid stage from

Helsbels

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I'm not trying to stir the pot up anymore, I genuinely want to know after all this today. Has there been security on the site for the last 3 months to ensure people don't head onto the site like our naughty boy Homer did?

There was definitely some security over festival weekend.  I'm not so sure there was 200 of them, but we saw a presence.  I haven't been past for a while so it's probably only very local people or villagers who can vouch for since then.

On 8/24/2020 at 12:54 PM, giantkatestacks said:

<ignores bunfight> Just to say we went up to the Tor a couple of weeks ago and it was too cloudy to see far so try to pick a nice day. It was still a lovely experience though. Once I could actually breathe again.

I cycled there a few weeks back, from near Bristol. The hill up to the Tor is a bit on the steep side isn't it :D

image.thumb.png.164e8fd32cce83e7ec6013ee5f18dc10.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

We were there's last week. We are also staying under the Tor in our caravan the first week of October. Very lucky lad

IMG_6109.JPG

Is that this years hope shines brightest in the dark t shirt ?  We were on the Tor a few weeks ago and I thought I would be the only one up there with one on, how wrong I was! Counted  three and a bag!  Lovely pic.

8D6D650D-5FD5-4FC2-BAC3-571BF4A164AE.thumb.jpeg.09449fa5fae3026a78ddf5975e976fbd.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Is that this years hope shines brightest in the dark t shirt ?  We were on the Tor a few weeks ago and I thought I would be the only one up there with one on, how wrong I was! Counted  three and a bag!  Lovely pic.

8D6D650D-5FD5-4FC2-BAC3-571BF4A164AE.thumb.jpeg.09449fa5fae3026a78ddf5975e976fbd.jpeg

Yes mate. I'm not allowed to wear mine at the same time 😂

• 1 year later...

Any locals know of the current situation on the farm?

I'm going to be in the Glastonbury area next weekend over from Ireland. Would love to have a Saturday morning walk around the stone circle but understand there may be restrictions which I wouldn't want to break. 
Planning to at least get a look at the Pyramid from the Pilton skate park though! 😁

5 minutes ago, Float said:

I'm going to be in the Glastonbury area next weekend over from Ireland. Would love to have a Saturday morning walk around the stone circle but understand there may be restrictions which I wouldn't want to break. 
Planning to at least get a look at the Pyramid from the Pilton skate park though! 😁

@deebeedoobee I did wonder myself if that sign is still up on site after the pastures had finished 

11 minutes ago, Float said:

Climb the Tor, have binoculars, spot the red barn roof, scan down to the lone tree on the pyramid field then the top of the pyramid skeleton comes into view!   Or just go to the skate park! 

24838995-7E96-4A2F-A871-FA4263B89776.thumb.jpeg.26f76bdefe426e9e0c271e2a8512e7df.jpeg

nearest I will come to playing the pyramid 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Float said:

14 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

@deebeedoobee I did wonder myself if that sign is still up on site after the pastures had finished 

The site still has the sign up asking people to respect their wish for visitors to stay away. Best places are playing field ( although the bushes are quite high now) or along the lane which runs across the top of Pilton behind the pub ( binoculars needed). 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

The site still has the sign up asking people to respect their wish for visitors to stay away. Best places are playing field ( although the bushes are quite high now) or along the lane which runs across the top of Pilton behind the pub ( binoculars needed). 

thanks