Currently in Somerset, any idea where I can see the Pyramid stage from

Helsbels

Currently camping in Somerset not far from Worthy Farm, always thought the countryside around was lovely but only ever been for the festival.

Totally understand we can't roam Worthy Farm right now but wondering if anyone knows a good vantage point in the area where we'd at least get a view of the Pyramid stage?

5 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Doing that tomorrow, not sure if we'll see it from there. Just found a walk online and looks like Cockmill Lane should give us a decent view

I was in Glastonbury a month ago. We parked on the farm by the coach drop-off, walked over to the Pyramid, up to the stone circle and went past the farmhouse, and no-one said a word.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Doing that tomorrow, not sure if we'll see it from there. Just found a walk online and looks like Cockmill Lane should give us a decent view

Did this late last year and can confirm you can see the pyramid frame from the top of the Tor, but you'd need some reasonably good quality optics - I had a 10x magnification monocular thing.  It's a needle in a haystack job so, with my sense of direction, I wouldn't have found if my mate hadn't worked out which field was which, allowing us to locate it directly in front of the big tree at the back of the Pyramid field.  If I'd known, I'd have also taken a sack with me and filled it from the National Trust orchard half way up the Tor.  They appear to be Kingston Black apples, which are the holy grail when it comes to cider-making , but were just carpeting the ground as nobody seems to pick them and the interweb tells me that the National Trust just leave them for the insects etc.

1 hour ago, Helsbels said:

Currently camping in Somerset not far from Worthy Farm, always thought the countryside around was lovely but only ever been for the festival.

Totally understand we can't roam Worthy Farm right now but wondering if anyone knows a good vantage point in the area where we'd at least get a view of the Pyramid stage?

Obviously there is still no access to the site . We were down a few weeks ago and walked from North Wootton to Pilton and then along  cockmill lane and other country lanes and roads around the periphery of the site. Lovely walks and views over the site. 

1 hour ago, Helsbels said:

If you go to the skate park in Pilton you can look acrossred barn to the pyramid stage. The site has signs up requesting people don't walk on the farm which people are respecting.

1 minute ago, Helsbels said:

Yep, aware we can't go on site and totally respect that. Just been round the perimeter and said my prayers to the ticket gods (they've been good to me so far!) Heading into Pilton now so will see if we can see it from there. Cheers 

this is the view from the skate park ...

IMG_4592.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

Yep, aware we can't go on site and totally respect that. Just been round the perimeter and said my prayers to the ticket gods (they've been good to me so far!) Heading into Pilton now so will see if we can see it from there. Cheers 

If you walk up the road to the side of the crown pub, up to the crossroads at the top of the hill you can see across the site from various points up there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s a decent view, as long as zooming up and down on a skateboard listening to Avril Lavigne singing skater boy on your headphones isn’t obligatory! 

I went with my friend and his daughter .... she was doing the skating ... I safely stayed on the sidelines taking photos of the pointy thing :) 

8 hours ago, Homer said:

I was in Glastonbury a month ago. We parked on the farm by the coach drop-off, walked over to the Pyramid, up to the stone circle and went past the farmhouse, and no-one said a word.

Are you really surprised I downvoted this. You’ve clearly gone against the festivals wishes. I haven’t spent the last 3 months patrolling the site for dickheads like you to just ignore the rules

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

Are you really surprised I downvoted this. You’ve clearly gone against the festivals wishes. I haven’t spent the last 3 months patrolling the site for dickheads like you to just ignore the rules

Now, now, maybe leave the swearing - you're giving UKIP supporters a bad name. What would Nigel say?!

So, what prompted them to start busing in Cheltenham-based accountants in to patrol the site? Or do you do it on more of a vigilante basis?

32 minutes ago, Homer said:

Now, now, maybe leave the swearing - you're giving UKIP supporters a bad name. What would Nigel say?!

So, what prompted them to start busing in Cheltenham-based accountants in to patrol the site? Or do you do it on more of a vigilante basis?

I work in festival operations and security planning I have done for many years. Accounting is my day job again this is festival based work , I’m SIA licensed  and am involved in a lot of security strategy at numerous festivals 

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Sdsm123 said:

I work in festival operations and security planning I have done for many years. Accounting is my day job again this is festival based work , I’m SIA licensed  and am involved in a lot of security strategy at numerous festivals 

You’ve been patrolling Worthy Farm for 3 months to ensure people aren’t going into the site?

• Upvote 1

There’s been several discussions on here and on other festival websites over the last few months pointing out that the site is currently out of bounds. The official festival website warned against visiting, it was reported in the press  and there is signage around the site. There’s not much more the festival can do to get the message across. We were in the area recently and enjoyed walking around the country lanes without contravening these clear instructions .  

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

There’s not much more the festival can do to get the message across.  

There clearly is TBF: they could get a part-time security worker to do a three-hour plus round journey during the height of an international pandemic to patrol the site, presumably at evenings and weekends, contravening their commitment to support the local community in the process.

• Upvote 2

Kudos to those of you who are ahead of me on the Glastonbury site situ, I have already said once that I wasn't. As that apparently isn't enough, I heard the call not to go to the site, but I thought that was issued at/applied to the weekend of the festival (as in people making pilgrimages). 

Despite the claims that is common knowledge, I announced my intention to walk the site about a week before I did it on the good news thread and no-one batted an eyelid - so maybe not as widely known after all? Also, I wouldn't have so brazenly announced my misdemeanour in this thread if I realised I'd broken the rules.

In true karma style, I can happily announce that in true Glastonbury fashion, it absolutely pissed it down and we got soaked through. I have no intentions to visit the site again in the near future and will double-check the situ if I do. 

IMG_5959.jpg

Edited by Homer

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

There clearly is TBF: they could get a part-time security worker to do a three-hour plus round journey during the height of an international pandemic to patrol the site, presumably at evenings and weekends, contravening their commitment to support the local community in the process.

Did you have absolutely no knowledge of the festivals request that people stay away  ? ... It’s is possible that you might have somehow missed it ... and the sign if you entered anywhere else other than Mary’s gate ... giving people the benefit of the doubt I find is worth doing at times ... much as we all want to protect the farm /festival and Michael and Emily ... answered above ... thanks @Homer

Edited by crazyfool1