Football 2020/2021

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's never going to work when it's all available for free on the interweb.

Spot on.

I doubt the Albion games have got much more than a thousand punters going on the forums. Some matches might even cost more to broadcast than they get back.

Can’t see it lasting too much longer.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How about Liverpool and United just fuck off and we’ll have an 18 team PL that way?

Lighten up, geesh. 

I hope every fan is against the proposals that have been floated today. Only the top 9 club in the league get a vote, then only 6 have to agree. It is a stitch up and a carve up by American owner

Posted Images

I think PPV can work in the lower leagues where the fans are aware that it is gate receipts that keep the clubs alive and would make an active choice to pay, even if available for free. I know the first Wrexham game had nearly 3000 people paying. 

I think in the premiership fans are very aware that the clubs don't need the money and will react differently.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I doubt that, because all matches are broadcast anyway. It's not like they're doing it especially for PPV.

There’ll be some costs attached to setting up the PPV system. Plus UK commentators and they’ll need a studio with pundits and whatnot (I assume anyway, haven’t paid for it). If only a thousand people paid that’s £15k before everyone takes their cut. Would it cover the expenses?

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’ll be some costs attached to setting up the PPV system. Plus UK commentators and they’ll need a studio with pundits and whatnot (I assume anyway, haven’t paid for it). If only a thousand people paid that’s £15k before everyone takes their cut. Would it cover the expenses?

There's a Premier league channel, with presenters and pundits. 

Can I tell that you have Sky? :P

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

There's a Premier league channel, with presenters and pundits. 

Can I tell that you have Sky? :P

My parents have Sky so I do watch via the app on my PlayStation. I also have BT Sport because they chucked it into my broadband package for pennies.