Football 2020/2021

zahidf

12 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I did and have more confidence in him than Ramsdale. Just doesn’t bode well two of our keepers played for relegated teams? At least they’ve had plenty of practice!

To be fair to Johnstone we would have finished the season on negative points were it not for him.

Of course he's still nowhere near good enough for an international side with serious ambitions of winning things.

Cracking performance from Ronaldo there, 36 and still performing at the top level. 

Wayne Rooney retiring this year at 35. Guess that's the difference between having a team of nutritionists preparing every meal versus smoking and eating pies.

Even though Rooney achieved so much I still get the feeling he could of been better and that goes against him when talking about the best players in recent history.

Edited by lost

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Absolutely nothing to fear from Germany based on that showing.

No very poor, really lack the cutting edge up top and the defence has a mistake or two in it

france looked solid, missed a few chances, tad of dodgy decision making but incredibly strong going forward. It’s honestly scary how good Mbappe is

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

No very poor, really lack the cutting edge up top and the defence has a mistake or two in it

france looked solid, missed a few chances, tad of dodgy decision making but incredibly strong going forward. It’s honestly scary how good Mbappe is

I really enjoyed the first half and thought the commentators downplayed the quality a bit. I actually thought Germany were better than I expected, but France a level above.  France comfortably best team I have seen so far, but group performances don't matter much.

13 hours ago, lost said:

Cracking performance from Ronaldo there, 36 and still performing at the top level. 

Wayne Rooney retiring this year at 35. Guess that's the difference between having a team of nutritionists preparing every meal versus smoking and eating pies.

Even though Rooney achieved so much I still get the feeling he could of been better and that goes against him when talking about the best players in recent history.

Rooney was never going to have longevity due to his lifestyle, he was fantastic in his pomp though. 

I'm sure being uniteds and England's record goal score, with a bagful of medals his done alright. 

Could of done more at international tournaments, saying that England have 50 years of players that cod say that. 

14 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I really enjoyed the first half and thought the commentators downplayed the quality a bit. I actually thought Germany were better than I expected, but France a level above.  France comfortably best team I have seen so far, but group performances don't matter much.

No it was definitely a good game of football, but I couldn’t see anything to be scared about for the Germans, Gnabry looked poor through the middle and they lacked the creative spark. The one thing they do have is options of the bench, having the pace of Sane and Werner to come on against a tiring defence could be what wins them games, I just hope they get a result against Portugal on Saturday so they finish 2nd. Honestly could see them struggling against Hungary actually, lack that killer instinct could see a drab 0-0

But maybe, I think Italy, even though the team they were playing were significantly worse looked brilliant for the full 90. France were scary on the counter, Pogba looked immense, it was a very good performance but I think Italy scrape the best so far for me. Will be interesting to see what I say after seeing Italy play slightly better opponents and France play significantly worse