Football 2020/2021

zahidf

33 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If we’re going to be playing like that in Euros we’re not getting out of the group

It was dire, wasn’t it? At least it was the B-team on the whole.

Looked bad for Trent. Common sense says take Ward-Prowse in his place if he is out as we’re light in midfield/could do with his set pieces. I think Southgate would put in Lingard though.

Some people are calling Belgium strong, but:

- KDB is injured, he will not start in the firts match. He will need to wear a mask.

- Hazard has been shit and injured for 2 seasons.

- Witsel has been injured for months, maybe he will make it. 

- Our defence (Alderweireld, Vertonghen,...)  is old and slow. 

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

Some people are calling Belgium strong, but:

- KDB is injured, he will not start in the firts match. He will need to wear a mask.

- Hazard has been shit and injured for 2 seasons.

- Witsel has been injured for months, maybe he will make it. 

- Our defence (Alderweireld, Vertonghen,...)  is old and slow. 

Even with all that, I think it's the 3rd strongest in the tournament. Spain, Italy, England all comfortably weaker.

Always find it odd how fans start to think about international football, giving it the big one how patriotic they are. For the last 2 years, they have been moaning about international breaks.

Probably wrong, it does seem the supporters of lower league clubs who are more into internationals.

13 hours ago, thetime said:

Always find it odd how fans start to think about international football, giving it the big one how patriotic they are. For the last 2 years, they have been moaning about international breaks.

Probably wrong, it does seem the supporters of lower league clubs who are more into internationals.

No I love watching England. Maybe that's because I was a fan of a lower league club 🤔

I think the international schedule needs looking at. 3 pointless friendlies in November against lesser teams, benefits no one, apart from FA coffers. 

There is a valid place for international football and it should be embraced. The immediate lead up and participation of a major tournament is so exciting. Even the Scotish have a smile on their faces at the minute. 

16 hours ago, thetime said:

I think you're right about fans of lower league sides. Most fans I know of perceived bigger teams just tend to worry about their players getting injured on international duty, which seems to happen at a disproportionate rate, though it may just feel that way.

I enjoy international tournaments but find it more and more difficult to get behind England. The jingoism and nationalist bullshit in the media grates, the idiot fans (the booing of taking the knee at the last game is just another one to add to a long list), ultimately I'm not arsed if they win or lose.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I think you're right about fans of lower league sides. Most fans I know of perceived bigger teams just tend to worry about their players getting injured on international duty, which seems to happen at a disproportionate rate, though it may just feel that way.

I enjoy international tournaments but find it more and more difficult to get behind England. The jingoism and nationalist bullshit in the media grates, the idiot fans (the booing of taking the knee at the last game is just another one to add to a long list), ultimately I'm not arsed if they win or lose.

I am certainly not patriotic, even though I was born in England to Scottish parents. I do not feel overly connected to either country. 

I just find fans hypocrites who are all over the summer tournaments, while moaning about club football taking a 2 week break.

2 hours ago, thetime said:

Didn't watch the game, were leeds fans really booing ollie Watkins? 

I’m pretty sure a few of our black players were booed sporadically throughout. The snowflakes weren’t happy seeing grown men make a symbolic anti-discrimination gesture again...

Only saw the first half and nothing much to report - Mings is a bit dopey, Grealish needs to start and Shaw/Chilwell are very close.

My team for the Croatia match (4-3-3) - don’t think Southgate will go with it though:

Pickford

Trippier Stones Mings* Shaw

Bellingham Rice Mount

Foden Kane Grealish

*Very unsure about Mings there but Coady doesn’t seem great in a back four.

12 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I’m pretty sure a few of our black players were booed sporadically throughout. The snowflakes weren’t happy seeing grown men make a symbolic anti-discrimination gesture again...

Only saw the first half and nothing much to report - Mings is a bit dopey, Grealish needs to start and Shaw/Chilwell are very close.

My team for the Croatia match (4-3-3) - don’t think Southgate will go with it though:

Pickford

Trippier Stones Mings* Shaw

Bellingham Rice Mount

Foden Kane Grealish

*Very unsure about Mings there but Coady doesn’t seem great in a back four.

That's more or less the team I'd put out with literally any centre half other than Mings...