Football 2020/2021

zahidf

The press were really hyping up the Mount vs Foden battle. I'm wondering if they are going to be the new Lampard and Gerrard and we now will have a decade of England managers coming up who will feel like they have to accommodate them both to the detriment of the team.

2 minutes ago, lost said:

The press were really hyping up the Mount vs Foden battle. I'm wondering if they are going to be the new Lampard and Gerrard and we now will have a decade of England managers coming up who will feel like they have to accommodate them both to the detriment of the team.

Mount looks top quality, it's nice that Chelsea are starting to bring youth players through.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Mount looks quality not sure about top.fodden just looks like hype nothing to show what the fuss is about.

I think Foden is the better of the 2, but the media overhype everything that either do. The pass yesterday was good, but people have done good passes in big games before without the same level of praise. The likes of Eder have scored winning goals in international finals with a fraction of the praise that pass got.

Foden is the best British player I have seen of his age. However players progress at different levels, so that's no guarantee of future success.

13 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think Foden is the better of the 2, but the media overhype everything that either do. The pass yesterday was good, but people have done good passes in big games before without the same level of praise. The likes of Eder have scored winning goals in international finals with a fraction of the praise that pass got.

Foden is the best British player I have seen of his age. However players progress at different levels, so that's no guarantee of future success.

I pretty much agree with all of that. No one will be paying £50M for fodden anytime soon.

Edited by eFestivals

9 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

This is going to go down well...

I come from inner city Manchester, not a bigger shit hole will you find. The white male population in these type of areas are the biggest under achievers educationally, in UK society and most are left to rot in menial jobs, unemployment or to fund a living through crime. I was told at school that it was either the dole, a job at the abattoir, or if I was lucky, a job at the post office. 

Take football out of the equation and there is not much difference between Mancs and Scousers. Yes there is a rivalry but there is also a connection. I am totally in favour of any scheme which may possibly help anyone achieve something in life . Unfortunately I have seen too many people struggle, give up and then die at a young age, just because they had no hope. I am 42 years old and have had to bury 4 good friends already (2 of them were my best friends).

Regardless of who is funding this scheme, or who it is in association with, if it helps 1 achieve something in life, then only a dickhead would criticise it

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I have no problem with them, apart from them counting after extra time of the 2nd leg.

I don't see any justification for making one goal more valuable than another. In my view a draw is a draw. I know it was brought in to stop teams parking the bus away, but don't think it is the problem it once was.

11 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I don't see any justification for making one goal more valuable than another. In my view a draw is a draw. I know it was brought in to stop teams parking the bus away, but don't think it is the problem it once was.

I don't think it really matters as long as it affects both teams in the same manner. I say that as someone who has seen his team knocked out of Champs League games by Spurs and Monaco, on away goals.

They need to sort VAR, the handball rule and offside out. The Bamford goal ruled out for offside earlier in the season is the most ridiculous decision I have ever seen on a football pitch. The handball rule, how can a goal be ruled out if it touches a players hand, intentionally or not, before they put it in the net? But, if it hits a defenders hand it is not a penalty? As for VAR, I just don't understand how football can get it so wrong, while every other sport gets it right.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I come from inner city Manchester, not a bigger shit hole will you find.

When you're in Bristol check out Knowle and harcliffe. 

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

The white male population in these type of areas are the biggest under achievers educationally, in UK society and most are left to rot in menial jobs, unemployment or to fund a living through crime. I was told at school that it was either the dole, a job at the abattoir, or if I was lucky, a job at the post office. 

Take football out of the equation and there is not much difference between Mancs and Scousers. Yes there is a rivalry but there is also a connection. I am totally in favour of any scheme which may possibly help anyone achieve something in life . Unfortunately I have seen too many people struggle, give up and then die at a young age, just because they had no hope. I am 42 years old and have had to bury 4 good friends already (2 of them were my best friends).

Regardless of who is funding this scheme, or who it is in association with, if it helps 1 achieve something in life, then only a dickhead would criticise it

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Disappointed to see so much booing for taking the knee in the champions league final. Have read it was predominantly Chelsea fans but not sure if this is true.

I would be a bit gob smacked if City fans have had anything to do with boo'ing this. We have been well known over the years for our multi cultural support base. 

33 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Disappointed to see so much booing for taking the knee in the champions league final. Have read it was predominantly Chelsea fans but not sure if this is true.

I was at the FA cup final. Chelsea booed it, Leicester applauded it. Wouldn’t be terribly surprised if it was the same situation at the Dragao.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Glad to see UEFA are getting rid of away goals.

It’s a shame. One of the best things about European competition was they figured out a way to massively reduce extra times and force teams to go for it. But then it’s way easier to score away than it used to be. Was surprised they held out for so long really. 

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

The Bamford goal ruled out for offside earlier in the season is the most ridiculous decision I have ever seen on a football pitch.

Think their justification is that he was using his arm to point where it he wanted the ball so his arm was in play 🤦‍♂️

I’m used to dealing with dodgy decisions after years of championship referees. 

VAR functions perfectly from a technical point of view but it’s the implementation of the rules that has too much grey area. We’re still dependent upon the judgement call of a ref. 

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Where in brizzle will you be living? 

Won't be living in Bristol. Job is in Taunton. Would like to live a little out, had enough of a major City/town. Went down last week and had viewings in Watchet, Chard and Beamstone. Got a viewing in Compton Dundon on Wednesday, which is about 5 miles from Glastonbury. It's a new build, so as long as it is not little country lanes between there and Taunton, they I will put an offer in.

Source appears to be a pretty big radio network in Spain.

If I was him I'd be off in a shot - our squad is terrible and way more trouble rebuilding than its worth for a manager of his stature and advancing years. 

While everyone talks about the season as a disappointment, I think he's performed miracles to get us anywhere near the points total we got to be honest with the (mostly) spineless cowards at his disposal