Football 2020/2021

zahidf

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

I’d love to see that happen, but the Glazers are very content with Ole in charge as he’s a yes man who knows he’s lucky to be in such a job, without the credentials to back it up. I don’t think they have any interest in a manager coming in upsetting the apple cart and demanding new transfers etc. 

Winning titles costs money, finishing top four costs less money and doesn't even bring in that much less than winning titles.

United have fallen into the same cozy trap Arsenal fell into where they are happy enough bobbing along letting all the lovely TV and CL money roll in, lob out a big money signing every now and then to keep the plebs happy and flog a few more shirts... Sporting success is very much a secondary concern.

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Interesting Bruno won the toss and elected to go second in shootout. Cant see any logic in that.

None at all. What ever happened with the A-B-B-A system they trailed a few years back? Can’t really see the downside of that format, but seems like it’s gone and never to be seen again. 

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think the current system is fine, sometimes simplicity is the best way forward

Maybe, but is it really fair that the same team faces the constant pressure for every taker, quite often just to stay in it? 
The players talking the penalties for the team who go first are essentially never taking a ‘do or die’ penalty, and can take some comfort that even if they miss, the other team has to then score. 

Personally I think the A-B-B-A concept makes a lot more sense to mix that up and even out the pressure, so both sides experience it equally (in theory). 

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Happy 21st birthday Phil. Let's hope we can give him the best present tomorrow in the biggest day in Mancunian football history.

E2aGgG6WYAIxHcT.jpeg

10 trophies, that's very Impressive. What were they?

Edited by thetime

17 minutes ago, thetime said:

10 trophies, that's very Impressive. What were they?

Few leagues, league cups, Fa Cup. I am assuming they are chucking in Charity Shields there, unless they mean stuff he has won at youth level.

Now I know for about half of those he has been a bit part player. That first league title medal he got, he did nothing to justify getting it really. Even so, his achievements so far are pretty spectacular. Let's hope he can continue in a similar vein.

I have been saying for years now that he would be England's best player. Few people on here gave me a bit of stick and that is fair enough as they had not seen as much of him as me. But he us a truly special footballer.

It is funny as when the EURO'S got cancelled last year, I said that was to England's benefit as I expected Foden to blossom. Not only has Foden blossomed but Mount has flourished, along with Rice, plus a few others as well. Exciting times.

30 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Few leagues, league cups, Fa Cup. I am assuming they are chucking in Charity Shields there, unless they mean stuff he has won at youth level.

Now I know for about half of those he has been a bit part player. That first league title medal he got, he did nothing to justify getting it really. Even so, his achievements so far are pretty spectacular. Let's hope he can continue in a similar vein.

I have been saying for years now that he would be England's best player. Few people on here gave me a bit of stick and that is fair enough as they had not seen as much of him as me. But he us a truly special footballer.

It is funny as when the EURO'S got cancelled last year, I said that was to England's benefit as I expected Foden to blossom. Not only has Foden blossomed but Mount has flourished, along with Rice, plus a few others as well. Exciting times.

Hope England fail to be honest, always one of the highlights of the summer. 💪

14067523971_8df1bad0eb_k.jpg

Edited by thetime

43 minutes ago, thetime said:

Hope England fail to be honest, always one of the highlights of the summer. 💪

14067523971_8df1bad0eb_k.jpg

It all makes sense now 🤣🤣

I hope Scotland do well (apart from against us obviously). I understand the rivalry but always want the home nations to do well as long as it is not against us.

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

I think you’ve always been bang on re Fodden. He’s class. I’m worried he could destroy Scotland.