Football 2020/2021

zahidf

1 hour ago, lost said:

Well looking at this thread over the year the Pool fans went AWOL when City over took them, no mention of the derby from the Everton fans on here and Liverpool fans even absent from the Super league discussions as we know they thought it would result in the signing Mbappe, they then suddenly appear when Everton have a shit finish as its the highlight of their season.

Its not a local thing anymore its like Starbucks celebrating selling more coffee than a local shop in Seattle, Starbucks rivals are costa and that's why the rest of the league wanted you to get your way and piss off.

I've been here throughout. 

46 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Do you think the return of Van Dijk will make you automatic challengers next season? Who do you think that you will get during the closed season?

@lost I was a bit disappointed with you lot yesterday. What do you think you's need? Richarlison and Pickford looked like the only ones who was arsed yesterday.

Vin Dijk, Gomez and decent back up will definitely help. Need a decent replacement for Wijnaldum and maybe another striker. Get them in and anything could happen.

We'll sign some people no-one's heard of while the Twitter family go nuts we didn't get M'bappe.

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

@lost I was a bit disappointed with you lot yesterday. What do you think you's need? Richarlison and Pickford looked like the only ones who was arsed yesterday.

Difficult to tell really as I said its like they'd given up well before the end of the season and Carlo gave James his blessing to rest up for the Copa. Definitely a right back but so much dead wood needs cleaning out, some terrible signings (Iwobi) plus some bad luck (Gomes hasn't been the same since Son left his leg hanging off)

10 points better off from last season so the same improvement over the summer would be champions league. Easier said than done as I expect Arsenal and Spurs to improve too.

Only issue would be players looking elsewhere I guess. Digne would be fantastic for your team.

Edited by lost

FA Youth Cup Final was a good game, Villa deserved the win but Liverpool had them on the back foot for the last 15 minutes or so, thought they may nick an equaliser. 

Some decent players coming through on both sides. The lad who played for Villa for 20 minutes yesterday looked decent.

3 hours ago, lost said:

Difficult to tell really as I said its like they'd given up well before the end of the season and Carlo gave James his blessing to rest up for the Copa. Definitely a right back but so much dead wood needs cleaning out, some terrible signings (Iwobi) plus some bad luck (Gomes hasn't been the same since Son left his leg hanging off)

10 points better off from last season so the same improvement over the summer would be champions league. Easier said than done as I expect Arsenal and Spurs to improve too.

Only issue would be players looking elsewhere I guess. Digne would be fantastic for your team.

City should have bought Tierney before heading Arsenal

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Vin Dijk, Gomez and decent back up will definitely help. Need a decent replacement for Wijnaldum and maybe another striker. Get them in and anything could happen.

We'll sign some people no-one's heard of while the Twitter family go nuts we didn't get M'bappe.

Do you think the front 3 will stay in tact? All your good players are all around the 30ish mark. That's ok for now, but you can't replace them all at once.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Do you think the front 3 will stay in tact? All your good players are all around the 30ish mark. That's ok for now, but you can't replace them all at once.

Hard to tell. I think they'll all be there next season but anything could happen, no idea why but if any are to go I think it will be Mané.

What's happening at City then? Kane, Messi? 

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Hard to tell. I think they'll all be there next season but anything could happen, no idea why but if any are to go I think it will be Mané.

What's happening at City then? Kane, Messi? 

I think we will go for Kane. Personally I would get Grealish, a proper lb and play Foden through the middle as the false 9. 

31 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

England provisional squad announcement at 1. 

We know the Premier leagues top scoring English striker will be in the squad but should the second highest scoring English striker also be included?

As a fellow Leeds fan I'd love nothing more than seeing Bamford in there but I can't see Southgate picking him over Watkins.

DCL seems to be a shoe in and admittedly he has bagged for England when given the opportunity but I personally don't see that he offers more than Bamford for instance? 

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Are we expecting to see any of Greenwood, Saka, Maddison, Grealish in the final squad?

The fact that there will be seemingly 30 players named today muddies the water somewhat.

Squad has been delayed.

Now that we have three extra places I'd take a couple of wildcards (Greenwood and Saka) and Grealish despite not being fully fit.

Squad I'd pick right now:

GK - Pickford, Henderson, Johnstone (have we ever gone to a tournament with such an underwhelming keeper choice)

DEF - TAA, Trippier, Walker, Maguire, Stones, Cody, Mings, Shaw, Chilwell

MID - Henderson (Ward-Prowse if not fit), Bellingham, Rice, Phillips, Mount, Foden, Grealish, Saka

ATT - Kane, DCL, Rashford, Sterling, Sancho, Greenwood

12 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

As a fellow Leeds fan I'd love nothing more than seeing Bamford in there but I can't see Southgate picking him over Watkins.

DCL seems to be a shoe in and admittedly he has bagged for England when given the opportunity but I personally don't see that he offers more than Bamford for instance? 

I don’t see Bamford being a first team choice but he would make a good back up for Kane should hIs fragile ankles give way. 

Sterling has already proved to be a flop at the highest level so would be surprised to see him feature again. 

GK: Pickford, Henderson, Johnstone

DF: Alexander-Arnold, James, Walker, Maguire, Keane, Mings, Stones, Shaw, Chilwell

MD: Henderson, Rice, Mount, Bellingham, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Lingard, Sterling, Saka

ST: Kane, Rashford, Calvert-Lewin, Bamford 

Really tough leaving Greenwood out but I think after the season he's had, Bamford fully deserves a place in the squad. Feels weird leaving Trippier out too but there's no way there will be four RBs in the squad and I think the other three I've got might pip him to the post. Lingard sneaks in. 

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

GK: Pickford, Henderson, Johnstone

DF: Alexander-Arnold, James, Walker, Maguire, Keane, Mings, Stones, Shaw, Chilwell

MD: Henderson, Rice, Mount, Bellingham, Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Lingard, Sterling, Saka

ST: Kane, Rashford, Calvert-Lewin, Bamford 

Really tough leaving Greenwood out but I think after the season he's had, Bamford fully deserves a place in the squad. Feels weird leaving Trippier out too but there's no way there will be four RBs in the squad and I think the other three I've got might pip him to the post. Lingard sneaks in. 

Do you think with Trippier it's a case of out of sight out of mind with him playing in Spain?

The guy has just won La Liga & played 35 games for them across both domestic and champions league.

Throw in his experience at the WC in 2018 and I think he'd be in the squad for me.

I think Walker has to go because he can slot in as a 3rd CB if needed so in my mind it's a straight pick between Trent and Reece James...

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Do you think with Trippier it's a case of out of sight out of mind with him playing in Spain?

The guy has just won La Liga & played 35 games for them across both domestic and champions league.

Throw in his experience at the WC in 2018 and I think he'd be in the squad for me.

I think Walker has to go because he can slot in as a 3rd CB if needed so in my mind it's a straight pick between Trent and Reece James...

Trippier has been playing regularly and playing well in a side that's just won the Spanish league.

Definitely take him.

What would be your starting XI's?

I think against big teams I would go:

Henderson 

Trippier Stones Maguire Shaw

Henderson* Rice

Foden Mount Rashford

Kane

*if fit, otherwise Philips

And against smaller ones:

Henderson 

Trent Stones Maguire Shaw

Rice Mount

Foden

Sterling Kane Grealish 

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yeah, perhaps, Like I said, feels really weird leaving Trippier out. 

Hmm, yeah. I think I agree now, actually. Trent or James... I think I'd go James. Seems mad leaving Trent out as well! 

I just want to know the squad numbers so I can get a shirt with Ben Chilwell on. I'm an Arsenal fan but bloody love that guy 🤣

Edited by Andre91

26 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don’t see Bamford being a first team choice but he would make a good back up for Kane should hIs fragile ankles give way. 

Sterling has already proved to be a flop at the highest level so would be surprised to see him feature again. 

You would imagine he will get a chance next season, if he starts the season well. 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I just want to know the squad numbers so I can get a shirt with Ben Chilwell on. I'm an Arsenal fan but bloody love that guy 🤣

Always find that odd. A guy I used to work with was a united fan, but had Gerrard on his england top.

What are everyone's thoughts on where to finish in the group?

Without going all scientific about it I'm pretty sure if we finish 2nd rather than 1st we avoid any of the big guns (Portugal, France or Germany) in the next round for instance...