Football 2020/2021

zahidf

47 minutes ago, thetime said:

Even worse is you are on relying on united beating Leicester. 😆😆

Weird how Leicester dropping out has become our biggest hope. 

Weird how part of me wants Citeh to fuck this up completely, even though that would mean Utd winning.

Then I get a grip and slap myself about the head. 

23 hours ago, jyoung said:

Agüero miss proved very costly. We were much better in the second half and deserved the win in my opinion. Were all over City on the right wing. Three goals ruled out for offside as well. Why can't these guys hold the line ffs... We're in a great position for top four now and hopefully same again in the final.

I thought Chelsea were the better team over the 90 minutes and deserved the win. No excuses for Aguero really, tried being a smart arse and came unstuck. Did he inadvertently provide his next club with Champions League qualification? City just about deserved to be in the league at half time, but 2-0 would have been a little harsh on Chelsea. Chelsea were far better in the 2nd half and did enough to win.

Strange tactics from Pep. It was almost like he did not want to reveal his hand, ahead of the Champions League final. Can't blame him really, Chelsea are a good team and Tuchel has already shown himself to be tactically astute. It kind of makes sense not to give Tuchel and kind of leg up. A 5-1-4 formation was taking the piss though really, especially with one win required, to win the league. But, if Aguero had not missed the pen, his tactics would have probably worked.

Chelsea have beaten us twice now, in big games this season. Sets it up nicely for the final.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I thought Chelsea were the better team over the 90 minutes and deserved the win. No excuses for Aguero really, tried being a smart arse and came unstuck. Did he inadvertently provide his next club with Champions League qualification? City just about deserved to be in the league at half time, but 2-0 would have been a little harsh on Chelsea. Chelsea were far better in the 2nd half and did enough to win.

Strange tactics from Pep. It was almost like he did not want to reveal his hand, ahead of the Champions League final. Can't blame him really, Chelsea are a good team and Tuchel has already shown himself to be tactically astute. It kind of makes sense not to give Tuchel and kind of leg up. A 5-1-4 formation was taking the piss though really, especially with one win required, to win the league. But, if Aguero had not missed the pen, his tactics would have probably worked.

Chelsea have beaten us twice now, in big games this season. Sets it up nicely for the final.

Agree with your assessment. Though I think Sergio is probably primed for Barca isn't he? Had the pen gone in it would have been a different result, I'm sure. Either way, the league will sort itself out sooner or later. Everything does feel like it is building up to the final. As long as Pep doesn't dick about with the formation again, I think you are favourites. I'm trying to book a pub by the Bridge but was too slow to get in so am sat on the waiting list. Fingers crossed someone drops out. I'm really looking forward to it despite the gripes of 'All English finals are boring', I think tactically City and Chelsea is a very interesting match up. Decision to be made tomorrow about moving the game to Wembley apparently. I think playing on a big pitch with all the space in behind would suit us perfectly.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Well that’s that then.

Although to be fair it’s been on the cards Thsince October.

Thank you for your contribution. The 8 goals and 4 points against Chelsea will live long in my memory.

9 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

All German, Spanish and Italian finals are full as well, they just don't have the same feel to them.

It's familiarity isn't it? We saw City play Chelsea last weekend in the league, and last month in the Cup, and then over Christmas, and I'm sure again in the summer in some sort of Far East lucrative marketing ploy, and then probably again in the Charity Shield...

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's familiarity isn't it? We saw City play Chelsea last weekend in the league, and last month in the Cup, and then over Christmas, and I'm sure again in the summer in some sort of Far East lucrative marketing ploy, and then probably again in the Charity Shield...

Another reason why the European Super League was such a shit idea.

I love watching Liverpool play Barcelona or Real Madrid but it would lose its shine if it was every year.