Football 2020/2021

zahidf

On 4/26/2021 at 11:18 AM, eastynh said:

Coming to end of season and time for team of the year. 

Martinez (although the fella at West Brom should be in with a shout)

Cancelo 

Dias 

Stones 

Shaw 

Gundogan 

Mount 

Fernandes 

Foden 

KDB 

Grealish

I'd agree with the comment above regarding Soucek over Mount (who has been excellent) also Foden has been brilliant but started 15 out of 33 games so I'm not sure I can have him in. I know there is a bias to the later half of the season but based on the first six months Son and Kane should be in so I'll have Son over Foden.

Centre back I'd have Fofana, Godfrey or even Dunk over Stones. Agree with the rest though your side needs a striker.

1 hour ago, lost said:

I'd agree with the comment above regarding Soucek over Mount (who has been excellent) also Foden has been brilliant but started 15 out of 33 games so I'm not sure I can have him in. I know there is a bias to the later half of the season but based on the first six months Son and Kane should be in so I'll have Son over Foden.

Centre back I'd have Fofana, Godfrey or even Dunk over Stones. Agree with the rest though your side needs a striker.

Foden walks into the team of the year. He is currently the best player, in the best team. Do the Cup comps not count now? He's played every Champs League game and been City's best player in the tournament.

Read this article. This is why Foden walks into the team of the year. He produces the goods when it matters.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-psg-news-foden-20470701

Edited by eastynh

14 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Do the Cup comps not count now? He's played every Champs League game and been City's best player in the tournament.

Isn't that why City were pissing off to the EFL? You said yourself the games against teams like Shakhtar Donetsk were pointless 😀 

Seriously though I think it should be based 90% of league form and he could be the best player in the world but if Pep doesn't play him then more consistent players deserve to be in there before him doing it week in week out.

2 hours ago, lost said:

Isn't that why City were pissing off to the EFL? You said yourself the games against teams like Shakhtar Donetsk were pointless 😀 

Seriously though I think it should be based 90% of league form and he could be the best player in the world but if Pep doesn't play him then more consistent players deserve to be in there before him doing it week in week out.

You never read that article I posted did you?

11 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You never read that article I posted did you?

Of course I did but stats can be deceptive. Didn't Lukaku have insane ones early in his career coming off the bench and running at tired defences. Also the domestic cups are tailor made for city because everyone rotates and City are really the only club who can put at two top teams. Mahrez has more team of the week performances than Foden so your just going to end up with 11 city players if you just keep choosing the flavour of the week at certain points in the season.

Edited by lost

9 minutes ago, lost said:

Of course I did but stats can be deceptive. Didn't Lukaku have insane ones early in his career coming off the bench and running at tired defences. Also the domestic cups are tailor made for city because everyone rotates and City are really the only club who can put at two top teams.

To be fair, city have taken the cups seriously. While certain teams would rather finish 8th in the league, rather than have a good go in a cup. When you think liverpool have only won one domestic cup in 15 years, klopp does not give a shit about the domestic cups. 

United as well who have always had great FA Cup tradition, when I was a kid they were shit but had great runs in the fa cup in the 80s. They have only won the FA Cup twice this century, once against Milwall and once against Palace. 

Edited by thetime

1 minute ago, thetime said:

To be fair, city have taken the cups seriously. While certain teams would rather finish 8th in the league.

Yes but my point was they can. If say Foden is starting less than 50% of league games he's going to be fresh for both domestic and European cup matches. Only possibly Chelsea have that luxury of maybe have a similar skilled player to step in in every position.

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Yes but my point was they can. If say Foden is starting less than 50% of league games he's going to be fresh for both domestic and European cup matches. Only possibly Chelsea have that luxury of maybe have a similar skilled player to step in in every position.

To be fair city have played a blinder with foden and his development. 

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

To be fair city have played a blinder with foden and his development. 

Yep though its not just Foden. Anyone who plays Fantasy Football knows pep is a complete nightmare. I've had foden in twice including after the Liverpool match and then he simply didn't play him for a few games.

Must be nice when you can leave Laporte on the bench too for a string of matches.

Edited by lost