Football 2020/2021

zahidf

43 minutes ago, st dan said:

Mainly through deduction. 

Spurs need it to pay for his stadium, and are pretty much a tinpot club who are lucky to have been invited. Same to Arsenal really, their time at the top is a long way away in the current set up. Chelsea and City are mercenary clubs with no real history or heritage to tarnish.  

Glazers have overseen protests in the past and have remained unflustered, and can’t see them being bothered at all by the outcry. So that leaves Liverpool. 
But maybe none of them will crack and it will go ahead as planned. 

Who do you support?

You're fucking clueless whoever you support.

Edited by eastynh

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

"Every club is shit and stupid except Liverpool"

🥱

As a Man Utd fan, you’d be shocked to know that isn’t my default thought process when it comes to my thoughts on most things relating football. 

I just know this has the Glazer’s fingerprints all over it and they won’t be moved. I don’t know a great deal about FSG, but I’d be shocked if they are leeches as much as the Glazer’s are. 

And speaking of the big 6, it’s United and Liverpool who’s legacies and histories stand to be tarnished the most by all of this, as it rips apart everything the great clubs have stood for over the years - one/both of them should be the rising up and setting the example. 

4 minutes ago, st dan said:

As a Man Utd fan, you’d be shocked to know that isn’t my default thought process when it comes to my thoughts on most things relating football.

That does surprise me, yeah because you just waffled a load of rubbish about every club involved except Liverpool.

And speaking of the big 6, it’s United and Liverpool who’s legacies and histories stand to be tarnished the most by all of this, as it rips apart everything the great clubs have stood for over the years - one/both of them should be the rising up and setting the example. 

I don't know much about United but it's nothing new from the great club Liverpool. They've been buying houses around Anfield and letting them fall into disrepair for years, letting their own neighbours fall into decay, all for their own personal gain so they could renovate the stadium at a cheaper price. Legacy and history is exactly that, history! It's long gone.

The 14 remaining Premier League clubs are in a meeting now discussing the future. Unfortunately those 14 clubs alone don’t have enough of a majority to exclude the others. They need a 15th vote to get the 75% needed. 

It only needs 1 of the ESL clubs to crack and the whole thing falls down. 

8 minutes ago, st dan said:

Why - because I called City a mercenary club? Diddums. 

No, because you said City had no history or legacy.  Then you said Liverpool and United will tarnish their legacies with this. You clearly have no clue about the history of any of the clubs you mention.

United and Liverpool have performed far more disgusting acts than this in their history.

I see you're a rag, not from Manchester either, just another plastic glory hunter without a clue. It's the likes of you who are the problem, it's you they are trying to appeal with this super league shite. They are not interested in legacy fans like myself.

Give me a shout if you're ever in Manchester, I will show you where Old Trafford is.

Edited by eastynh

16 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No, because you said City had no history or legacy.  Then you said Liverpool and United will tarnish their legacies with this. You clearly have no ue about the history of any of the clubs you mention.

United and Liverpool have performed far more disgusting acts than this in their history.

I see you're a rag, not from Manchester either, just another plastic glory hunter without a clue. It's the likes of you who are the problem, it's you they are trying to appeal with this super league suite. They are not interested in legacy fans like myself.

Give me a shout if you're ever in Manchester, I will show you where Old Trafford is.

I live 15/20 minutes from Old Trafford (just outside Manchester) and get to as many games as I can. I’ve also worked in Manchester city centre for 9 years now too, so I really don’t need your guided tour thank you very much. 

Just like all City fans I know, you get so wound up over any negative comment regarding City and the fact the club could be viewed from outside fans as a mercenary club. When the reality is that if Sheik Mansour had bought Sheffield United instead in 2008, it’s very possible that the league positions of the two clubs could be switched right now. 

Oh and obviously all United fans are ‘glory hunters’ and all City fans are the real football fans in Manchester ... never heard that one before, apart from in every football discussion in the office ever. 

Anyway - not picking on any of the clubs in particular with all of this, they are all as bad as each other. Safe to say that all of the owners won’t be welcomed back to their grounds anytime soon. Could get very ugly. 

Edited by st dan

2 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Given we’re led to believe Chelsea and Man City were not involved in the early discussions and signed up late with some reservations...if that is true, then is it not likely that one or both of them might crack first (if indeed any crack at all)? 

I think it’s a tough one, if the ESL does go ahead then surely Chelsea and City want to play with the ‘best’ clubs in Europe, which are (in theory) in this new competition. Regardless of money or any other factors. I think the whole thing needs to collapse before any of the founding teams start to distance themselves. 

10 minutes ago, st dan said:

I live 15/20 minutes from Old Trafford (just outside Manchester) and get to as many games as I can. I’ve also worked in Manchester city centre for 9 years now too, so I really don’t need your guided tour thank you very much. 

Just like all City fans I know, you get so wound up over any negative comment regarding City and the fact the club could be viewed from outside fans as a mercenary club. When the reality is that if Sheik Mansour had bought Sheffield United instead in 2008, it’s very possible that the league positions of the two clubs could be switched right now. 

Oh and obviously all United fans are ‘glory hunters’ and all City fans are the real football fans in Manchester ... never heard that one before, apart from in every football discussion in the office ever. 

Anyway - not picking on any of the clubs in particular with all of this, they are all as bad as each other. Safe to say that all of the owners won’t be welcomed back to their grounds anytime soon. Could get very ugly. 

I have no issue with you calling City a mercenary club. What I do take issue with, is you rubbishing City's history. As a big rag, you will know that City stopped United going bankrupt twice and also came to Uniteds aid when Manchester Central were going to take Uniteds place in the league. City have no history, but if it was not for City, United would no longer exist. But, as a big rag, you already know all this.

Edited by eastynh

12 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Given we’re led to believe Chelsea and Man City were not involved in the early discussions and signed up late with some reservations...if that is true, then is it not likely that one or both of them might crack first (if indeed any crack at all)? 

That's what I'm hoping (but not expecting).

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I have no issue with you calling City a mercenary club. What I do take issue with, is you rubbishing City's history. As a big rag, you will know that City stopped United bankrupt twice and also came to Uniteds aid when Manchester Central were going to take Uniteds place in the league. City have no history, but if it was not for City, United would no longer exist. But, as a big rag, you already know all this.

Fair enough, it was a flippant comment for me to make, but i wasn’t coming at it from that angle - more the fact that the bulk of City’s success has come in the past decade, and Chelsea’s since the turn of the century. And respective ‘history’ in that regard - as a result of huge financial backing from their current owners, who might think their investments over the years has warranted them to make this decision to join the ESL, as without them both clubs might not be classed as a ‘major’ team at this current time.

So hands up, the wrong choice of words from me there. 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hold on... if City and Chelsea only found out last week does this mean that fucking Tottenham were asked ahead of them?

I'd have walked out there and then.

I can only think Spurs were blind Cc’d into the emails by mistake, and Levy dialled in on mute as ‘Anonymous’ for the Zoom calls. 

• Upvote 1

Fair enough, it was a flippant comment for me to make, but i wasn’t coming at it from that angle - more the fact that the bulk of City’s success has come in the past decade, and Chelsea’s since the turn of the century. And respective ‘history’ in that regard - as a result of huge financial backing from their current owners, who might think their investments over the years has warranted them to make this decision to join the ESL, as without them both clubs might not be classed as a ‘major’ team at this current time.

So hands up, the wrong choice of words from me there. 

I took umbrage with you criticising City's history when you do not even know your own clubs history. You seem to equate history to winning trophies. City are older than United, were winning trophies before United and for the majority of their history, City have been arguably the bigger club. United fans seem to think football started in 1992, because that's when United started pulling away from City.

There is more to football than winning trophies.