Football 2020/2021

zahidf

1 hour ago, Barry Fish said:

Would be good to see a statement made by some of the biggest players.  Sit down protest this weekend.  Kick the play to get the game started and then sit down.

No one started playing the game for this.

And it's their places at the world Cup and euros at stake 

James Miller

""I can only give my personal opinion and I don't like it one bit and hopefully it doesn't happen.

14 minutes ago, zahidf said:

James Miller

""I can only give my personal opinion and I don't like it one bit and hopefully it doesn't happen.

Good to see Milner say this, he has always come across as a decent bloke. What I now hope for is a higher profile, younger player like Rashford does the same, I think this would have a greater impact.

9 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Good to see Milner say this, he has always come across as a decent bloke. What I now hope for is a higher profile, younger player like Rashford does the same, I think this would have a greater impact.

Tbf the Liverpool captain saying it is a big deal! Utd press conference with ole in a few days will be interesting.

Just now, st dan said:

Which of the 6 are going to crack first and pull out do with think? I can only see it being Liverpool.   

Think its more likely to be one without an American owner. They know the Franchise model works, Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports corporation out there and they win fuck all, haven't won a superbowl in over 20 years.

Was just thinking about an England XI without the c**t 6 players...

Pickford

Aarons Konsa Keane Cresswell

Bellingham Rice

Sancho Grealish Barnes

Calvert-Lewin

Bench: Pope, Mings, Coady, Godfrey, Ward-Prowse, Watkins, Phillips, Maddison, Ings

It's not actually a terrible XI, I mean it won't win anything (but we never do anyway) but it would hardly disgrace us.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, lost said:

Think its more likely to be one without an American owner. They know the Franchise model works, Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable sports corporation out there and they win fuck all, haven't won a superbowl in over 20 years.

Yeah you’re probably right, but can’t help thinking that Sheikh Mansour, Abramovich and Levy are probably the greediest, money hungry of the owners - even more so than the Americans. 

Edited by st dan

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yeah you’re probably right, but can’t help thinking that Sheikh Mansour, Abramovich and Levy are probably the greediest, money hungry of the owners - even more so than the Americans. 

Actually saying that, Sheikh Mansour really doesn’t need the money does he - so maybe City will be the first to pull out. 

If Putin has a nibble at Ukraine it shouldn't be too difficult wrestling Chelsea away from Abramovich. Navalny named him as a magnitsky act candidate before he retuned to Russia.

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Actually saying that, Sheikh Mansour really doesn’t need the money does he - so maybe City will be the first to pull out. 

They want the sports washed glory though.

Gotta say, after finally looking capable of winning the CL I would laugh my arse off if City were kicked out now.

23 minutes ago, lost said:

May I also suggest bonus goals for the team that has the most fans with big foam hands?

I’ve just been discussing this elsewhere on the internet. If this tournament isn’t sanctioned by FIFA then they are free to change the rules as they see fit. 

4 15 minute quarters with lots of advertising breaks, as many subs as they want. New rules over contact etc. 

Football and Soccer will become two separate codes similar to how Rugby League and Rugby Union are different. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

I’ve just been discussing this elsewhere on the internet. If this tournament isn’t sanctioned by FIFA then they are free to change the rules as they see fit. 

4 15 minute quarters with lots of advertising breaks, as many subs as they want. New rules over contact etc. 

Football and Soccer will become two separate codes similar to how Rugby League and Rugby Union are different. 

They can have soccer.