Football 2020/2021

zahidf

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Must be depressing for fans of these clubs to realise that kids in Malaysia matter more to their clubs than they do.

The only way to impact these owners is hit them in the pocket or embarrass them on the global stage. They aren't going to be bothered by banners. Fan groups need to be willing to promote boycotting sponsors, boycotting (when able) matches, refusing to follow on social media etc. When it comes down to it, not enough will.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The only way to impact these owners is hit them in the pocket or embarrass them on the global stage. They aren't going to be bothered by banners. Fan groups need to be willing to promote boycotting sponsors, boycotting (when able) matches, refusing to follow on social media etc. When it comes down to it, not enough will.

I dunno. Public opinion changed their situation on taking furlough last year. Liverpool especially will be VERY sensitive to their fanbase 

Just now, zahidf said:

Ha! He's annoyed at the fans for taking the banners down,saying they should stick with the team

Not sure why the fans should...

Mixed feelings about that interview. He should understand that the fans aren't doing it to attack the players, they are doing it out of fear for their clubs slipping away from them.

Just now, jyoung said:

Mixed feelings about that interview. He should understand that the fans aren't doing it to attack the players, they are doing it out of fear for their clubs slipping away from them.

Well if he and the players go along with it.... the fans won't be behind them either!

Just now, jyoung said:

Liverpool players under attack? Give me a fucking break. The big six are under attack and rightly fucking so. What a plonker.

Tbf to him he has been put in a massively shitty position. I wouldn't be surprised if he walks out and into the German national team position. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Tbf to him he has been put in a massively shitty position.

Has he? Okay it must be hard to face the questions when the owners don't but at the same time he's smart enough to wrap his head around what it's about and what it isn't. To be telling the fans what they should and shouldn't be doing is rich.

5 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Has he? Okay it must be hard to face the questions when the owners don't but at the same time he's smart enough to wrap his head around what it's about and what it isn't. To be telling the fans what they should and shouldn't be doing is rich.

Oh I agree. But I'll see what he says in a few days. 

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

The furlough money was loose change and not worth the hassle. They will fight for their capitalist dream.

Lets see. I was surprised by the stuff in Parliament. I can see the tories doing this as an easy win for their red wall to 'save football'

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Lets see. I was surprised by the stuff in Parliament. I can see the tories doing this as an easy win for their red wall to 'save football'

The Tories will make big, grand, populist “save football” speeches but realistically they’re as powerless as the rest of us.