Football 2020/2021

zahidf

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

That's why the munificent ESL will allow some extra teams to compete each season whilst not allowing them a fair cut of the money.

And if by some miracle they do a Leicester and win the thing their "reward" next season maybe to be relegated out of the league whilst say an arsenal sit flat bottom on zero points. The team at the bottom then can use the league money to buy up all their players.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

You're offended by the idea of a ESL(that you still won't win) but nothing of the morals of your owners.

I don't give a toss about the moralsΒ of our owner. Neither do you, you're just upset his emergence has turned your football clubs into also rans.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

You are going to have to define plastic fans and plastic club to me.

Β 

β€œPlastic can either be β€˜synthetic’ or β€˜biobased’. Synthetic plastics are derived from crude oil, natural gas or coal. Whilst biobased plastics come from renewable products such as carbohydrates, starch, vegetable fats and oils, bacteria and other biological substances.

The vast majority of plastic in use today is synthetic because of the ease of manufacturing methods involved in the processing ofΒ crude oil. However, the growing demand for limited oil-reserves is driving a need for newer plastics from renewable resources such as waste biomass or animal-waste products from the industry.”

You can see why the term plastics has been applied to fans who follow the money.
Β 

Plastic is made from oil.Β 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

β€œPlastic can either be β€˜synthetic’ or β€˜biobased’. Synthetic plastics are derived from crude oil, natural gas or coal. Whilst biobased plastics come from renewable products such as carbohydrates, starch, vegetable fats and oils, bacteria and other biological substances.

The vast majority of plastic in use today is synthetic because of the ease of manufacturing methods involved in the processing ofΒ crude oil. However, the growing demand for limited oil-reserves is driving a need for newer plastics from renewable resources such as waste biomass or animal-waste products from the industry.”

You can see why the term plastics has been applied to fans who follow the money.
Β 

I know what plastic is made from.

The term plastic fans was coined for glory hunters. United and Liverpool fans who could not point Manchester or Liverpool out on a map are the original plastic fans. The term had nothing to do with oil.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Β 

I have to be honest, I have absolutely zero respect for the opinions of any fan of a "big" club who isn't from the area. I don't want to hear about how your grandad supported them, or you grew up loving the kit or a certain player, or how much passion you have for the club. It's all false. I know that's a snobbish attitude but fuck it, I don't care, the views of plastic fans mean nothing to me.

I love watching American Football, love the sport, watch it every Sunday night when the season is on. But I don't "support" a team, there are some I prefer over others but I can't just pick one and throw all my weight behind them because it would feel false and insincere. I can't generate an emotional attachment to a team thousands of miles away that I've never visited. It just feels insincere. It's how I feel about plastics.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The term plastic fans was coined for glory hunters. United and Liverpool fans who could not point Manchester or Liverpool out on a map are the original plastic fans. The term had nothing to do with oil.

They were known as glory hunters. The term plastics is more recent due to the oil influence.Β 

7 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Spot on.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I have to be honest, I have absolutely zero respect for the opinions of any fan of a "big" club who isn't from the area. I don't want to hear about how your grandad supported them, or you grew up loving the kit or a certain player, or how much passion you have for the club. It's all false. I know that's a snobbish attitude but fuck it, I don't care, the views of plastic fans mean nothing to me.

I love watching American Football, love the sport, watch it every Sunday night when the season is on. But I don't "support" a team, there are some I prefer over others but I can't just pick one and throw all my weight behind them because it would feel false and insincere. I can't generate an emotional attachment to a team thousands of miles away that I've never visited. It just feels insincere. It's how I feel about plastics.

There’s no greater feeling than celebrating a result with the local people who have grown up with the club through all the ups and downs.Β 

Going to show you a verse from the Leeds anthem which sums it up perfectly Β 

Β 

β€œWe've been through it all together,
And we've had our ups and downs (UPS AND DOWNS!)
We're gonna stay with you forever,
at least until the world stops going round”

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

There’s no greater feeling than celebrating a result with the local people who have grown up with the club through all the ups and downs.Β 

Β 

Do you actually believe majority of leeds fans are from Leeds? Leeds have there fair share of plastics, due to the successful era of the 70s.

Edited by thetime

6 minutes ago, thetime said:

Do you actually believe majority of leeds fans are from Leeds? Leeds have there fair share of plastics, due to the successful era of the 70s.

I'm actually surprised how few Leeds fans there are around here compared to the big clubs on the other side of the Pennines. I've always thought its a Rugby League thing.. Over in Lancashire there is Salford and St. Helens but no Manchester or Liverpool so its less of aΒ psychological block than for someone from Castleford, Wakefield or Bradford to support a club called Leeds.

Edited by lost

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Very convenient, you come accross as plastic as any glory hunter.Β 

There’s pictures of me playing with the team on the trainIng ground from the 80s, I’ve been sat with the players post game many times. I used to work at Elland Road inΒ Champions League football days. Working behind the bar on new year’s day with a comedown isn’t fun πŸ˜‚

One of my mates dads is very influential within the Leeds organisationΒ so I’ve been allowed access to my club that most fans don’t get. My dad used to work there too back when Bremner was managing the side as well. I can honestly say I’ve always been a Leeds fan and always will be.Β 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

There’s pictures of me playing with the team on the trainIng ground from the 80s, I’ve been sat with the players post game many times. I used to work at Elland Road inΒ Champions League football days. Working behind the bar on new year’s day with a comedown isn’t fun πŸ˜‚

One of my mates dads is very influential within the Leeds organisationΒ so I’ve been allowed access to my club that most fans don’t get. My dad used to work there too back when Bremner was managing the side as well. I can honestly say I’ve always been a Leeds fan and always will be.Β 

Hit a nerve by the sound of it.

8 minutes ago, lost said:

I'm actually surprised how few Leeds fans there are around here compared to the big clubs on the other side of the Pennines. I've always thought its a Rugby League thing.. Over in Lancashire there is Salford and St. Helens but no Manchester or Liverpool so its less of aΒ psychological block than for someone from Castleford, Wakefield or Bradford to support a club called Leeds.

I see Leeds fans everywhere I go. It's not strange, every successful side has them. Then it gets past on through the generations.

I live in Shropshire now, man utd fans are in the minority. The place is full of Liverpool and Everton fans, from the glory days of the 80s I'm presuming.