Football 2020/2021

zahidf

1 hour ago, thetime said:

I can't see any fans being happy with it to be honest. I would say mostly because of the closed shop. End of the day the premier league was set up for a lucrative tv contract, champions league like wise. 

These clubs are not dependent on fans in their own country. They are probably thinking of playing home games in the likes of USA, China and Qatar.

6 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

These clubs are not dependent on fans in their own country. They are probably thinking of playing home games in the likes of USA, China and Qatar.

So basically countries who have realised their own domestic leagues are shit so lets go buy some big teams and make our own league. 

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

The food is poor as well. As long as you don't wee or eat, it's a pretty good stadium. Let's hope the Hollywood owners can sort those out!

I am going back to about 1994, so I am sure things have changed. Great days following Wales, also gave me the chance to watch great players like Hagi, Stoichkov and Brolin.

I feel as an Everton fan that there is no good outcome now - they stay in the league and dominate it, and they know they can ask for anything then as they can just threaten to quit. Tightening of FFP and selling their own TV rights will be a minimum requirement in a year or two. But if they get kicked out they take all the money with them and the standard drops. Essentially we need them and they know it, but then the rest of us continue our role as cannon fodder but even more extreme.

Not to mention what that does to the rest of this season, if they get kicked out the champions league and europa league it becomes such a sham they may as well just pull the plug and work out what they're going to do. Guess TV deals mean we need to see it through however pointless 

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

They’ll probably look to leave Colt teams in England. 

Complete farce of a plan. How much money do they need. Lack of consultation with their own fans says it all.

Players will soon be on a million a week 😂😂

For all the talk about it being a play by the big guys to get more concessions, the reality is that if you give more concessions at what stage will they be happy, the answer is never.

The likes of Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal hate the concept of sporting competition and the fact there are sporting consequence for failure. I say call their bluff.

9 hours ago, thetime said:

I am going back to about 1994, so I am sure things have changed. Great days following Wales, also gave me the chance to watch great players like Hagi, Stoichkov and Brolin.

I don’t remember them being an issue in 1994. Then again, unless I’m in need of an Eartha, I’m not that fussy