Football 2020/2021

zahidf

I think I'd rather win the FA Cup over Europa I'm never arsed when we go out the FA Cup but it's been a while.

Champs League > Premier League > FA Cup > Europa > Johnson's Paint Trophy > Liverpool Senior Cup > Rumbelows Cup.

Edited by Gnomicide
Europa auto correct turmoil.

The Champions League v Premier League is always an interesting one. I always said PL as we’d gone so long without winning it but the CL just feels huge. 
I’m more arsed about who wins the CL than La Liga for example so I’m sure it’s the same with the PL in other countries.

54 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

The Champions League v Premier League is always an interesting one. I always said PL as we’d gone so long without winning it but the CL just feels huge. 
I’m more arsed about who wins the CL than La Liga for example so I’m sure it’s the same with the PL in other countries.

Yep, much the same. It was always European for me until it just got stupid how long it was since we'd won the league. Now we've done that, it's back to Champs League.

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

PSG, Chelsea, Man City & Real Madrid into the semi finals.
Good to see four teams that have grown through nothing but hard work, determination and clean finances make it this far. It warms the heart.

On a night where your own team has crashed out of Europe and your own fans have reaffirmed why they are the most despised in world football, why you having a pop at other teams? 

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

On a night where your own team has crashed out of Europe and your own fans have reaffirmed why they are the most despised in world football, why you having a pop at other teams? 

I'm disappointed it took you so long.

Conversation may have been had when it was announced, but just been thinking about it recently and thoughts on the World Cup expansion to 48 teams in 2026? I know it’s quite far but personally think it’s a load of bollocks and dilutes the tournament 

14 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Conversation may have been had when it was announced, but just been thinking about it recently and thoughts on the World Cup expansion to 48 teams in 2026? I know it’s quite far but personally think it’s a load of bollocks and dilutes the tournament 

It's ok, Scotland still won't qualify.

• Upvote 3

Think it all just caught up with City today. When you are competing on so many fronts you can become a victim of your own success. Having to make that many changes hindered them today. One thing is for sure and that's when Foden is on the pitch, they are a better side. Great win for Chelsea. Tuchel has come in and beaten Klopp, Pep, Mourinho, Carlo and Someone without conceding a single goal. We've got back something that's been missing for a while and that's our ability to handle pressure and  even thrive on it. I don't think many teams are better structured than us atm. Not a classic game but onto the final.

Just now, jyoung said:

Think it all just caught up with City today. When you are competing on so many fronts

Or not competing.like today.

Just now, jyoung said:

you can become a victim of your own success. Having to make that many changes hindered them today. One thing is for sure and that's when Foden is on the pitch, they are a better side. Great win for Chelsea. Tuchel has come in and beaten Klopp, Pep, Mourinho, Carlo and Someone without conceding a single goal. We've got back something that's been missing for a while and that's our ability to handle pressure and  even thrive on it. I don't think many teams are better structured than us atm. Not a classic game but onto the final.

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

It's better for the tournament as it creates a less predictable final. As I have said before I think a lot of this quadruple talk is media hype. I don't think many Man City fans would think after winning a champions league final, this is good but it's lacking something because we didn't win 1 or 2 domestic cups.

Would they have the self awareness to think if were going to talk the talk we need to be able to walk the walk