Football 2020/2021

zahidf

Chelsea didn't play that great on Wednesday, but its a system that plugging huge holes in a team and it is working well overall. It's also should be good for knockout games in theory.

I still don't see them making it past Madrid if that's the semi-final. I don't think man-for-man Chelsea are anywhere near their level. 

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah, agreed. It's a shame it can't be the final really. 

I know you'll never say it but Chelsea have to be the second most likely to win it due to their side of the draw. Playing some great football from a much sturdier defensive base now. Don't think anyone on our half of the draw would be able to stop them currently to be honest.

You're right, I won't say it haha. If we see out the tie against Porto then it would be a great throwback to go against Liverpool in the semis but my nerves would be shot. Tbh, I thought Madrid looked good the other night, so they would be a tough game also. We aren't scoring many, which is the only concern - particularly if we go up against a strong back line. When it gets to the semis, any team is capable of winning the trophy imo.

This thread seems to have gone from 3 guaranteed English teams in the semis to being alot more pessimistic. Maybe its similar to the Trippier debate we overrate the premiership.

City was the big shock for me Dortmund have been woeful recently and should of come away with a draw with any semi-competent ref.

28 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Rumours going round that Kane will ask to leave if they don't make top four... Pretty obvious they aren't making top four. I wonder where he'll end up. I can see PSG.

He may ask, but he is under contract. I can easily see nobody meeting his valuation. You may be able to get Haaland for a similar fee.

7 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

He may ask, but he is under contract. I can easily see nobody meeting his valuation. You may be able to get Haaland for a similar fee.

Spurs have the biggest debt in world football apparently. A higher amount than Barcelona. I know Levy is hard work but he sold Modric, Bale and Eriksen (eventually) when they wanted to leave. A club like PSG can pay anything. I wouldn't rule out City either, regardless of what Pep says. Apparently he likes Kane. I get your point about Haaland but Kane is almost risk free. In his prime and guaranteed goals.

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Spurs have the biggest debt in world football apparently. A higher amount than Barcelona. I know Levy is hard work but he sold Modric, Bale and Eriksen (eventually) when they wanted to leave. A club like PSG can pay anything. I wouldn't rule out City either, regardless of what Pep says. Apparently he likes Kane. I get your point about Haaland but Kane is almost risk free. In his prime and guaranteed goals.

I'm not sure you can call anyone who has only (excluding loans) played for one club, in one league on one country to be risk free.

Can't see Spurs getting £100m+ for Kane or say Palace £80m for Zaha in a post covid world. I think the summer transfer window will be quiet right up until the end when there maybe some readjustment from clubs on prices. I wouldn't expect Levy to be one of those who backs down.

10 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

And flashbacks of last year, think it’ll be them and Chelsea tho

Fixture congestion might catch up with Chelsea, potentially 9 games in the last month of the season. They also have a tougher run in than Liverpool.

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

Fixture congestion might catch up with Chelsea, potentially 9 games in the last month of the season. They also have a tougher run in than Liverpool.

We still have to play City, Liverpool still have to play United. Let's see what happens. Fixture congestion shouldn't be an excuse if we don't make it.. One FA Cup semi (against City so no guarantees) and if we win the final is at the end of the season. Obv there's the CL as well but our squad is big so we shouldn't be using fixture congestion as an excuse.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

And flashbacks of last year, think it’ll be them and Chelsea tho

My instinct is that those two as well. But will be close and kinda unpredictable.

Leicester need to have a good margin by the time that dreadful final trio of games comes around.

Edited by charlierc

42 minutes ago, charlierc said:

My instinct is that those two as well. But will be close and kinda unpredictable.

Leicester need to have a good margin by the time that dreadful final trio of games comes around.

West Ham still have a chance as well I think, even without Rice they got a good result last week. Leicester - West Ham is a big game today

28 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

If we can finish top 4 without Ogbonna, Rice, and Antonio for the remaining games I’ll be very very impressed. 

Noble’s 400th top flight league game today for one club. 

I wouldn’t put it past you, you have a relatively easy run in, only Chelsea as a contender left and have absolutely nothing to lose

what a man, what a year it’ll be next year if he captains you through a European campaign