Football 2020/2021

zahidf

11 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Didn't see that coming at all.

Gives Spurs extra motivation tomorrow given a win could take them above Chelsea, and Newcastle still have Bruce in charge... can't say I'm confident, even if WBA somehow walloping Chelsea proves unexpected results are possible.

If Tottenham were not called Tottenham I would be worried.

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

If Tottenham were not called Tottenham I would be worried.

That might well be true but I don't really feel confident a Newcastle team on 2 wins in 20 are in a place to avoid being crushed. Especially if we continue our hyper-defensive approach that has brought us defeats by Sheffield United and Brighton in 2021.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I really struggle to know what Arsenal are at present. 

They definitely look half a team when Saka doesn't play. Aubameyang didn't look bothered same against West Ham.

Based on that game Everton dodged a bullet with Gabriel and really happy we ended up with Godfrey instead. Lille have taken £100m from Arsenal for him and Pepe and have just gone top of ligue 1 beating PSG tonight. 

Edited by lost

14 minutes ago, lost said:

They definitely look half a team when Saka doesn't play. Aubameyang didn't look bothered same against West Ham.

Based on that game Everton dodged a bullet with Gabriel and really happy we ended up with Godfrey instead. Lille have taken £100m from Arsenal for him and Pepe and have just gone top of ligue 1 beating PSG tonight. 

Arsenal area team who don't lookbothered

28 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I'm amazed Arteta is getting such an easy ride for mediocrity. The results aren't good and the football is pretty boring. I can't really see any evidence of improvement since he took over apart from the cup win.

Arsenal are gambling everything on the Europa, win that and they’re back in the CL and can point to a successful season...

They’ll find a way to fuck it up though.

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Arsenal are gambling everything on the Europa, win that and they’re back in the CL and can point to a successful season...

Can’t wait for Emery to knock us out in the semis with Villarreal and crown it with a grin and a shouted Good Ebening

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You could argue if Arsenal do win it, it will be a successful season. A trophy and champions league football, who else but city will claim that this season?

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

They are favourites you would of thought, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Arsenal v Ajax final. 

They are absolutely not. United are favourites. Sure I imagine people expect Arsenal to make the final but United are clearly the favourites.

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

They are absolutely not. United are favourites. Sure I imagine people expect Arsenal to make the final but United are clearly the favourites.

United win a semi final. 🤣

For some reason ole record against arsenal is woeful, which doesn't make sense.

Edited by thetime

Well... today has been quite the emotional rollercoaster.

Newcastle game could've finished as anything. Victory would've been deserved but equally so would've defeat imo. Decent to get the draw in the end, and Villa doing their best to piss on our chips then come in with a decent comeback adds to the journey.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:50 AM, eastynh said:

Maybe not, but the majority of his career there was.

I was heartbroken when he left but I actually found this hard to watch. To see one of my favourite players form drop off a cliff (compared to earlier years) is sad to see. Absolutely deadly for the vast majority of his time with us.

Who's gonna grab top 4, looking like city and united are nailed on. Leicester top 4 unless they fade fast again.

Everton and West ham could close the gap again tonight. Out of them all, you can only see liverpool possibly stringing 6 or 7 wins in the last 8 games. 

Edited by thetime

I just want Leicester or West Ham to do it, ideally both to make UEFA's plans of sowing up the competition look ridiculous. 

West Ham though may end up like Everton with Rice out. Only problem for the also rans when a first teamer is out.

Edited by lost