Football 2020/2021

zahidf

38 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Don't feed the troll.

Backpage of the Mail reporting Agüero could be off to Chelsea. Bit late to the party again (Shevchenko, Torres etc) but if Giroud leaves when his contract is up we'll definitely need more options...

10 hours ago, jyoung said:

Backpage of the Mail reporting Agüero could be off to Chelsea. Bit late to the party again (Shevchenko, Torres etc) but if Giroud leaves when his contract is up we'll definitely need more options...

It's hard to gauge where he is at, as it always takes him 5 or 6 games to get fit.

Pep will not play him now, unless he has to. If Sergio's legs have not gone, he would be a brilliant stop gap for you. A fit, firing Sergio, with a point to prove, would be a danger to everyone else.

Torres looked like he had lost it mentally when he signed for you, his confidence was shot. That's not the case with Sergio.

This is like a reverse Lampard.

13 minutes ago, eastynh said:

It's hard to gauge where he is at, as it always takes him 5 or 6 games to get fit.

Pep will not play him now, unless he has to. If Sergio's legs have not gone, he would be a brilliant stop gap for you. A fit, firing Sergio, with a point to prove, would be a danger to everyone else.

Torres looked like he had lost it mentally when he signed for you, his confidence was shot. That's not the case with Sergio.

The LFC fans I know all say they weren't too fussed when they sold him to us. They knew he had lost something post injuries and that season he really only had one good game which was coincidentally against Chelsea. I certainly wouldn't turn down Agüero but I don't see him staying in the PL.

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

The LFC fans I know all say they weren't too fussed when they sold him to us. They knew he had lost something post injuries and that season he really only had one good game which was coincidentally against Chelsea. I certainly wouldn't turn down Agüero but I don't see him staying in the PL.

Every City fan wants Sergio to stay.

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

Everyone I know was gutted on an emotional level but knew he was far past him prime.

I'd still absolutely love to see Ageuro at LFC, it would never happen but he definitely still has something to offer at the top level.

31 minutes ago, Dan R said:

Everyone I know was gutted on an emotional level but knew he was far past him prime.

I'd still absolutely love to see Ageuro at LFC, it would never happen but he definitely still has something to offer at the top level.

At the end of the day, Torres' departure coincided with Suarez' arrival and had that not happened, you lot would have missed out on a lot.

35 minutes ago, Dan R said:

I thought Torres had scored a fair amount of goals in the first half of 2010-11 before joining Chelsea, but then looked very exposed when thrown into a system he didn't click with. But it's plausible the injuries in 2009-10 hadn't helped.

26 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I thought Torres had scored a fair amount of goals in the first half of 2010-11 before joining Chelsea, but then looked very exposed when thrown into a system he didn't click with. But it's plausible the injuries in 2009-10 hadn't helped.

It's telling that we got to the FA Cup Final that year, played Liverpool, won the game and Torres didn't even get on the pitch... He was the man at Liverpool but Chelsea had Drogba.

11 hours ago, eastynh said:

Every City fan wants Sergio to stay.

With all the plaudits pep and fergie get, the moving on of players seems to be a great attribute they share. City moving on players like Kompany, silva and aguero with keeping the high standards is a great attribute a manager can have. 

14 hours ago, thetime said:

With all the plaudits pep and fergie get, the moving on of players seems to be a great attribute they share. City moving on players like Kompany, silva and aguero with keeping the high standards is a great attribute a manager can have. 

City definitely wanted Silva and Kompany to stay another year, both chose to leave.

No idea what has gone on with Sergio. There were reports City had offered Sergio a deal, but could not promise playing time as a new striker is coming in. Pep then said in his press conference yesterday that we can not afford a new striker. Whether he is playing games, I do not know. I get the impression that Pep is least worried about replacing Sergio, in comparison to the other two. 

On 4/2/2021 at 8:37 AM, eastynh said:

His final gosal for chelsea wasn't a player whose confidence was shot

8 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Wasn’t his final goal for Chelsea a six yard tap in against the team that finished bottom of the league and were already relegated  ? 🤨

Can't remember where the strike was from the goal(hope I'm remembering the right goal) came from a Chelsea corner where he was back defending but broke up the pitch quite early so there was no one in his way you don't set off that early if your confidence is low.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Can't remember where the strike was from the goal(hope I'm remembering the right goal) came from a Chelsea corner where he was back defending but broke up the pitch quite early so there was no one in his way you don't set off that early if your confidence is low.

Sounds like you’re describing the Barcelona goal? Irrelevant anyway, as it wasn’t his last goal for Chelsea as far as I’m aware. That came against Cardiff and was a tap in from a knocked down header. Salah was playing for Chelsea that day too. 

6 hours ago, jyoung said:

Chelsea man wtf 😭

Didn't see that coming at all.

Gives Spurs extra motivation tomorrow given a win could take them above Chelsea, and Newcastle still have Bruce in charge... can't say I'm confident, even if WBA somehow walloping Chelsea proves unexpected results are possible.