Football 2020/2021

zahidf

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

On the subject of lack of class from football fans check out the replies by Chelsea fans to this tweet by Leeds United supporting the cause of a Leeds Rhinos player who has unfortunately been diagnosed with motor Neurone disease. 

Stuff like this is so weird. Little freaks hiding behind avatars. 

The more I see Wijnaldum play the more I wonder what's stopping/delaying the new contract. He is never injured, runs endlessly and would be a HUGE loss if he was to leave. I don't think it's money related and I keep reading it's more that "he wants assurances on his rule in the team" but he plays almost every single game. 

Maybe he wants a new challenge but he's making noises as if he wants to stay. Odd.

20 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

The more I see Wijnaldum play the more I wonder what's stopping/delaying the new contract. He is never injured, runs endlessly and would be a HUGE loss if he was to leave. I don't think it's money related and I keep reading it's more that "he wants assurances on his rule in the team" but he plays almost every single game. 

Maybe he wants a new challenge but he's making noises as if he wants to stay. Odd.

He's absolutely brilliant and has been central all Liverpool's success over the last few years. He's played lots but rarely get's a chance to really shine, so might want to go somewhere where he can be the star. 

At 30 it's a tricky contract age, probably his last big one but Liverpool sound reluctant to hand a big, long contract to someone who's legs might go soon. Plus he's still on the wages he arrived on, not unfair that he probably feels he's worth a lot more than he currently gets.

I get that they have to be careful with wage structures but he would be a massive loss if he goes.

50 minutes ago, Dan R said:

He's absolutely brilliant and has been central all Liverpool's success over the last few years. He's played lots but rarely get's a chance to really shine, so might want to go somewhere where he can be the star. 

At 30 it's a tricky contract age, probably his last big one but Liverpool sound reluctant to hand a big, long contract to someone who's legs might go soon. Plus he's still on the wages he arrived on, not unfair that he probably feels he's worth a lot more than he currently gets.

I get that they have to be careful with wage structures but he would be a massive loss if he goes.

Yeah I read that he's still on £70,000, which you compare to a lot of our squad is lower than I would have expected. I wonder if it's contract length is the issue? I imagine we're probably happy to pay him a bit more than he's currently on but maybe not for as long as he would like. 

Having said that. When all are fully fit does he start ahead of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago? I'm not sure. He would definitely be in the top 4 players for those 3 positions though.

7 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Yeah I read that he's still on £70,000, which you compare to a lot of our squad is lower than I would have expected. I wonder if it's contract length is the issue? I imagine we're probably happy to pay him a bit more than he's currently on but maybe not for as long as he would like. 

Having said that. When all are fully fit does he start ahead of Fabinho, Henderson and Thiago? I'm not sure. He would definitely be in the top 4 players for those 3 positions though.

I think he's better than Henderson and Fabinho. Thiago is constantly injured, so he more important than him. He is a very under rated player. 

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

Not a great draw for wales getting Belgium. Luckily the nations league should give us a second chance. Scotland have come away with a great draw for a third seed.

Yeah agree with you on both counts. Scotland playing Israel yet again but decent apart from that. Will be keeping an eye on when the Denmark and Austria trips are 👍

22 hours ago, eastynh said:

I think he's better than Henderson and Fabinho. Thiago is constantly injured, so he more important than him. He is a very under rated player. 

I think all 4 are fairly interchangeable but he's never injured which makes him vital to us. 

The Thiago signing feels more like something I dreamt. He signed for us, played 2 games and was never seen again. I can't claim to know too much about his injury history and Barca and Bayern but he's currently recovering from that horror tackle against Everton.

14 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think all 4 are fairly interchangeable but he's never injured which makes him vital to us. 

The Thiago signing feels more like something I dreamt. He signed for us, played 2 games and was never seen again. I can't claim to know too much about his injury history and Barca and Bayern but he's currently recovering from that horror tackle against Everton.

He makes Darren Anderton seem reliable.

On 12/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, eastynh said:

That penatly was absolutely scandalous. 

The Utd one? Yeah, as was Pogbas goal against West Ham. The ball was miles out. Is VAR not supposed to spot these things?

I see Klopp came out last night and said now he thinks VAR is a bad idea. Hopefully everyone does and they can get rid of it.