Football 2020/2021

zahidf

Like all managers, Klopp is under pressure and has a microphone shoved up his hooter seconds after dropping two points to a late equaliser. 

That said, he’s media trained to the nth degree and should know better. Calling out Wilder is low, even for him. 

But he won’t care. Let’s see when they next play Wednesday then Sat lunchtime - so end justifies the means I’d guess. 

If he really thought players were in danger playing their fixture list, there is an obvious solution - it’s not like he hasn’t got the squad...

54 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Like all managers, Klopp is under pressure and has a microphone shoved up his hooter seconds after dropping two points to a late equaliser. 

That said, he’s media trained to the nth degree and should know better. Calling out Wilder is low, even for him. 

But he won’t care. Let’s see when they next play Wednesday then Sat lunchtime - so end justifies the means I’d guess. 

If he really thought players were in danger playing their fixture list, there is an obvious solution - it’s not like he hasn’t got the squad...

If there is evidence that liverpool protested about the amount of powers they were giving broadcasters when the last deal was signed then I have little sympathy. Klopp talks about wanting to give Robertson a break, he can still do that by rotating the squad. Klopp came across as a bully picking on Wilder.

I thought Wilder was very dignified in his response.

15 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

While I’m here, can commentators and pundits stop talking about “expected goals” please?

It means the square root of fuck all.

I thought it was quite an entertaining game, probably helped by my low expectations. If your a Sheffield United fan you can't believe you lost the game, if your supporting WBA you take the points and run.

What happened to that player you signed from West Ham. The media seemed to make a big deal preseason (maybe slow need day) but I forgot about him untill today, while West Ham seem to have done ok without him.

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

How much do they charge when there isn’t a pandemic?

Every seat is around £52 quid or was when I last went. Early stage of the cups £30. £75 is really, really bad. Disappointing after all the good work the club did during the first lockdown. 

10 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Klopp came across as a bully picking on Wilder.

I thought Wilder was very dignified in his response.

Completely agree. I thought Wilder might throw some punches back but he was class. Talk about kicking a man while he is down. What's the need? It didn't even support his argument.