Football 2020/2021

zahidf

Always difficult to compare greats. Definitely the best during my life time till Messi turned up but then how would Messi cope in an era when defenders could of just tried to kick him out of the game.

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Aye Cardiac Arrest, will always be fondly remembered by us all for the Hand of God but the goal before was sheer class

Hand goal was the first one. Best goal (and call) ever: second one.

It's like the country just died over here. Surreal.
I was lucky enough to see him live quite a few times, although after his prime, when he played for Boca in the 90s and a couple of national team matches in 94. Caught a few gems of him live. Also got a signed jersey from him from those days. I'm not one of those people that loved him unconditionally after his playing days, but as a player...nothing like him ever. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Devil's advocate, but is Olympiacos in a group game the top stage? Surely doing it more consistently in league games where they are dropping points is a more valid standard?

Are you not typically over estimating the quality of the premier league and under valuing the quality of unfashionable European clubs? 

14 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Are you not typically over estimating the quality of the premier league and under valuing the quality of unfashionable European clubs? 

The quality of a team is mainly determined by their wage bill. I think Olympiacos would be bottom 6 premiership level at best. Let's see how he does in the knockout against clubs with more competitive finances.

16 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

The quality of a team is mainly determined by their wage bill. I think Olympiacos would be bottom 6 premiership level at best. Let's see how he does in the knockout against clubs with more competitive finances.

Olympiacos beat Arsenal 2-1 at the Emirates, Man City beat Arsenal 1-0 at the Ethiad in their most recent games respectively. Therefore City and Olympiacos should be a similar level, hence Foden performing well against them in Europes elite competition (key name) is a true show of class.

Can't argue with Maths. 

Edit: also if you go by wages, United should be top of the league, so the argument is flawed

Edited by Gerard the Fab