Football 2020/2021

zahidf

22 hours ago, eastynh said:

If United had any sense, they would go after Brendan Rodgers.

They will go for Poch as they will not have to pay any compensation and it is the easy option.

The Demba Ba effort the other night was the most ridiculous goal I have ever seen. It topped the Jamie Pollock own goal that pretty much relegated us to the third tier, in 98.

It was utterly shambolic and there was no excuse for it.

The whole club is in a bit of a state, from top to bottom. It seems like they are just re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

I think Rodgers could do a great job there and definitely has the ego to think he can be the man to save the club, definitely a step up from Ole. I also don't know if his ties to Liverpool would be an issue for him.

Personally though I think Rodgers has a very mixed record on recruitment, Leicester seem to have a great model but United's is obviously a shambles. Plus I see Leicester being closer to a title than United.

1 hour ago, Dan R said:

I think Rodgers could do a great job there and definitely has the ego to think he can be the man to save the club, definitely a step up from Ole. I also don't know if his ties to Liverpool would be an issue for him.

Personally though I think Rodgers has a very mixed record on recruitment, Leicester seem to have a great model but United's is obviously a shambles. Plus I see Leicester being closer to a title than United.

Rodgers obviously isn't joining united.

18 hours ago, thetime said:

Amazing how ole has no tactical nous, but keeps on beating top managers.

City used to beat United when we had shit managers and United were winning trophies. 

Let's be honest here. United have beaten City few times recently due to an Ederson fuck up and by hoofing the ball 80 yards to speedboats up top. It did not take a tactical mastermind to work out what City's weak point has been. 

Solksjaer is totally out of his depth. Never in my life have I seen anything as ridiculous as what happened on the pitch in Turkey the other night. That is purely down to how the manager sets up. 

United are just too inconsistent. It is pointless beating City if you lose the following 3 matches against fodder. They will knock a few top teams over due to having quality up front and playing counter attacking football. United problems will come against teams that sit in on them. United midfield is pretty poor and there is always a comedy moment on the horizon with that defence. 

Solksjaer is already moaning about playing too many games. It is going to be a struggle for United this season. 

• Upvote 1

Very glad that handball got given, not a City or Liverpool fan, and I also think the handball rule is utter shit, but I thought for a fleeting moment Liverpool would get away with something again that’s been given as a penalty all seasons long

Odd game yesterday. We started really well, had the best of the first 30 minutes or so, the rest of it we didn't really do much. Draw as probably the fair result, though I don't think we could have complained too much had City won.

I think 3rd after playing City, Everton, Chelsea away and Arsenal at home is pretty food to be honest, happy with that.

Edited by DareToDibble
3rd, not 2nd.

I said before the match that I fancied a draw. Liverpools defence is weaker but Citys attack is less potent. Liverpools attack has improved but Citys defence is a lot stronger, so I thought they would cancel each other out.

Liverpool huffed and puffed for 20 minutes. Citys defence looked like they had everything under control though.

Could not argue with the penalty even though Mane made the most of it. 

City got to grips with Liverpools formation by moving Gundogan deeper. Liverpool were doubling up on Rodrigo and stopping him distributing the ball. Moving Gundogan deeper gave an extra man to bring the ball out and forwards. Although this pretty much nullified Liverpool it made Citys breaks a lot slower and more predictable.

City then took control of the game but our attack was pretty impotent. 

We should have scored the penalty and Jesus missed a sitter. Liverpool were there for the taking but both managers decided to take a draw.

Positives for City were the defence. We looked rock solid and Liverpool were never scoring from open play.

We seem to have a lack of cutting edge and that is costing us. You have to be clinical against the top teams and we are not. 

I believe City will get better up front as the season progresses. Jesus is back now, Aguero after the international break. Torres is only going to get better as he settles.

The key thing for City was sorting the defence, which we seemed to have done. Get the midfield balance sorted, and attackers back fit, then we will be sorted.

Overall though, if you give a penalty away and then miss one, they you are not going to beat a quality team. Therefore you would say a draw was a fair result. Neither team did enough really to win.

Edited by eastynh