Football 2020/2021

zahidf

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's never going to work when it's all available for free on the interweb.

Spot on.

I doubt the Albion games have got much more than a thousand punters going on the forums. Some matches might even cost more to broadcast than they get back.

Can’t see it lasting too much longer.

I think PPV can work in the lower leagues where the fans are aware that it is gate receipts that keep the clubs alive and would make an active choice to pay, even if available for free. I know the first Wrexham game had nearly 3000 people paying. 

I think in the premiership fans are very aware that the clubs don't need the money and will react differently.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I doubt that, because all matches are broadcast anyway. It's not like they're doing it especially for PPV.

There’ll be some costs attached to setting up the PPV system. Plus UK commentators and they’ll need a studio with pundits and whatnot (I assume anyway, haven’t paid for it). If only a thousand people paid that’s £15k before everyone takes their cut. Would it cover the expenses?

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There’ll be some costs attached to setting up the PPV system. Plus UK commentators and they’ll need a studio with pundits and whatnot (I assume anyway, haven’t paid for it). If only a thousand people paid that’s £15k before everyone takes their cut. Would it cover the expenses?

There's a Premier league channel, with presenters and pundits. 

Can I tell that you have Sky? :P

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Awful article. 

The irony of praying seconds after cheating was not lost on me yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I forgot what it was like to finish bottom of the table. Nice to reminisce.

Last few months have shown Liverpools owners up as absolutely vile, yet here is an article having a pop at Citys owners, when they have been nothing but absolutely fantastic owners.

20 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I forgot what it was like to finish bottom of the table. Nice to reminisce.

Last few months have shown Liverpools owners up as absolutely vile, yet here is an article having a pop at Citys owners, when they have been nothing but absolutely fantastic owners.

Well, apart from the slave labour and general despotism.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

It was a foul, it was inside the box. Where was the cheating?

Whether it was a foul or not, it was a ridiculous dive. He planted both feet after the contact and then threw himself to the ground. It’s cheating. 

Also to the twat implying prejudice against nationality, Noble is a master of the art (albeit rarely in the box due to his position - he wins a lot of free kicks by diving). Noble is English and plays for my team. 

Diving needs to be eradicated. We, as supporters should be united against it, and so should the people that run our game. 

As I said, praying seconds after cheating, amused me. 

25 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Whether it was a foul or not, it was a ridiculous dive. He planted both feet after the contact and then threw himself to the ground. It’s cheating. 

It was a dive.

But that's cheating fuck all of the rules and is gaining nothing, unlike the foul which gave him the excuse to dive and which properly awarded him the penalty.

25 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Also to the twat implying prejudice against nationality, Noble is a master of the art (albeit rarely in the box due to his position - he wins a lot of free kicks by diving). Noble is English and plays for my team. 

Diving needs to be eradicated. We, as supporters should be united against it, and so should the people that run our game. 

As I said, praying seconds after cheating, amused me. 

No prejudices here of course, when falling over when fouled is cheating nothing.

I'd much prefer players didn't do it of course, but I'd also prefer that self appointed guardians of the game didn't talk partisan bollocks.