Football 2020/2021

zahidf

37 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I reckon City are up to their necks in this one. By all accounts City are quite close to FIFA and Infantino. There were rumours a while back that City were more interested in FIFA'S world league plans than they were with UEFA'S plans.

Wonder if this will have UEFA backing?

Reports are suggesting that only 5 of the big 6 will be going into it. Which team is to miss out?

Most likely spurs. 

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Most likely spurs. 

That would financially cripple them. After United, they have the biggest financial liabilities in the country, at over 1 billion. No European football for them and then a reduced TV deal for the Premier League would see them screwed.

The Premier League would end up the poor cousin. The top teams would be playing their 2nd teams in the Premier League and saving their best players for this super league.

15 hours ago, eastynh said:

Is anyone in favour of this super league shite?

Absolutely not. Not sure what's gone on the last few months with my club. On the pitch it's going better than ever, absolutely love this manager and team.

Off the pitch - I love our owners for what they have done for us, let's not forget we weren't far from administration with the old owners! They have built us up slowly and have a great (and sensible) business model. However some of the things recently have been shocking. Furloughing the staff was a terrible idea and one I'm glad they changed their mind on, so credit to them for that.

Then we have the revelations from the last couple of weeks. Both equally as shit. From a business standpoint I completely get why they're doing it but football is far more than just business. It's not thinking about the fans, heritage, tradition etc and it'll never go down well with fans of any clubs. Shit idea.

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I can't remember in honesty as it was so long ago. What is meant to happen to the Champions League under this new super league proposal? I haven't read much on it as hoping it doesn't go ahead.

Would replace the champions league, or at least those who would be competing in the new format. Be interesting if they would introduce a competition like the Europa League. 

As it is FIFA backed it certainly has legs. Although after threats of court cases and such it probably means just a revamped champions league, with the top clubs getting an even bigger slice of the pie.

9 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Furloughing the staff was a terrible idea and one I'm glad they changed their mind on, so credit to them for that.

I don't think people should get credit for changing their mind because of negative PR when something is obviously a twat move in the first place.

3 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

I don't think people should get credit for changing their mind because of negative PR when something is obviously a twat move in the first place.

I don’t know, there are a load of instances of people carrying on regardless of the bad PR it brings.

They realised they fucked up, issued an apology and found another way of doing things. Even if it was due to the bombardment of messages from fans etc there are some owners who would still have stuck with it.

54 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I don’t know, there are a load of instances of people carrying on regardless of the bad PR it brings.

They realised they fucked up, issued an apology and found another way of doing things. Even if it was due to the bombardment of messages from fans etc there are some owners who would still have stuck with it.

"Better than Ashley" isn't something worthy of praise.