Football 2020/2021

zahidf

16 hours ago, thetime said:

I'm sure easty has conveniently forgot about that one. 

Not conveniently forgot. There is a world of difference between wanting to put b teams in the lower leagues in comparison to fucking over the whole structure, just to further your own selfish ambitions.

Feel sorry for VVD as you don't want to see any player suffer a serious injury. You want to see the best players on the pitch. Be interesting to see how Liverpool get on now without him. In all truthfulness, Liverpool have been pretty poor for a while. Last few weeks before lockdown, they were not great. VVD was a big reason Liverpool scraped victories out of matches where they were not great. I think any chance of Liverpool retaing the title evaporated when he left the field on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Not conveniently forgot. There is a world of difference between wanting to put b teams in the lower leagues in comparison to fucking over the whole structure, just to further your own selfish ambitions.

Putting B teams in the lower league does fuck up the structure to satisfy selfish ambitions. Who do you think has to make way for these teams?

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

In all truthfulness, Liverpool have been pretty poor for a while.

I agree.

Same as with City, a team can't keep up that pace endlessly. It's why I didn't predict them to win the league this year.

The good thing for Liverpool is that they won the biggies when they did have that high performance, so it's a little bit less depressing to have dropped off.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

you don't think b teams in thew lower leagues would fuck over the whole structure...? :blink: :wacko: 

Its not gonna make Citys owners any richer at the expense of anyone else.

Soriano was asked in an interview about it. He comes from Spain where such a system is used. He is therfore in favour of something like that. He did not spend 3 years coming up with a plan, then dropped it on the country by trying to bribe the lower leagues in their time of need, during a global pandemic. Absolute world of difference between bith situations. One was looking at how to improve reserve level football, the other was taking advantage of a global pandemic just to line their pockets and to solidify their place at the top, because they were good years ago.

19 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Its not gonna make Citys owners any richer at the expense of anyone else.

of course it would. :rolleyes: 

The b-teams would be earning an income instead of none, and they'd displace other existing teams.

19 minutes ago, eastynh said:

He did not spend 3 years coming up with a plan, then dropped it on the country by trying to bribe the lower leagues in their time of need, during a global pandemic. Absolute world of difference between bith situations. One was looking at how to improve reserve level football, the other was taking advantage of a global pandemic just to line their pockets and to solidify their place at the top, because they were good years ago.

I think the idea was shit and self-rewarding.

Just like the formation of the Prem and all of the attempts at Euro 'super' league since.

For which just about every 'big' club has encouraged at some point for their own benefit at the expense of others.

Of which City are just as guilty as Liverpool, although not in this one particular case.

Massive blow for Liverpool, not just his a good CB but he is also there leader.

When you think back, In the first 10 years of the premier league united only lost it twice. Cantona missed the last 5 months of the 1994/95 season, keane missed virtually all of the 1997/98 due to injury.

Massive for Liverpool to lose there leader, you only have to look at city who still haven't recovered losing kompany.

On 10/18/2020 at 12:09 PM, squirrelarmy said:

I think this sums up Liverpool fans right now. Although a do agree that Pickford needs a retrospective red card. 

8851C619-9456-4CE6-8904-101D35BC4E67.thumb.jpeg.93f2145e2f26ec4aa2668bf7db744ce8.jpeg

Guff like this is why I don’t tend to take the opinions of fans of big clubs too seriously.

Although I do like the suggestion that despite struggling to catch a football that’s moving very slowly straight at him, Jordan Pickford is somehow capable of picking out Van Dijk’s ACL whilst both players are moving at speed and Pickford isn’t even looking at him.

Edited by Hugh Jass

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Putting B teams in the lower league does fuck up the structure to satisfy selfish ambitions. Who do you think has to make way for these teams?

Why not have the big clubs create partnerships with smaller clubs. 

Huddersfield are well on their way to becoming the Leeds B team. We have one of our former coaches learning management at reasonably high level there. A few of our u21 players are also on loan there too. 

Bury is ideally placed to be a feeder club for one of the larger Manchester based teams. The players can still live locally and the youth have a chance of getting first team football at a higher level than the current u21 leagues. 

This gives a small town a decent side and means they don’t fall out of obscurity due to dodgy ownership. 

17 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Bury is ideally placed to be a feeder club for one of the larger Manchester based teams. The players can still live locally and the youth have a chance of getting first team football at a higher level than the current u21 leagues. 

United had close links with Bury for a long time. Reserves playing at gigg Lane and numerous young players going there over the years. 

Would be a disaster for lower league clubs having united or liverpool B teams. 

For me the loan system needs a big overhaul more than anything. It should only be used for younger players and emergency signings, big clubs are using it in the wrong way for me.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Guff like this is why I don’t tend to take the opinions of fans of big clubs too seriously.

Although I do like the suggestion that despite struggling to catch a football that’s moving very slowly straight at him, Jordan Pickford is somehow capable of picking out Van Dijk’s ACL whilst both players are moving at speed and Pickford isn’t even looking at him.

City lose Laporte for all last season. Losing your key defender makes a massive difference to the team.

You would say KDB is Citys best player, yet City broke all records the season he was injured. Not replacing Kompany was a massive mistake as all it took was the injury to Laporte, then we were goosed. I reckon Liverpool will have similar problems to what we had last season. Those one nil wins will become 2-1 defeats.

5 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Why not have the big clubs create partnerships with smaller clubs. 

Huddersfield are well on their way to becoming the Leeds B team. We have one of our former coaches learning management at reasonably high level there. A few of our u21 players are also on loan there too. 

This gives a small town a decent side and means they don’t fall out of obscurity due to dodgy ownership. 

The reason is the fans of smaller teams don't want their team to lose identity and become a feeder team . Many of these fans have made the decision to support a smaller team instead of the bigger local club and probably many don't like them. 

Of course there isn't any reason clubs can't build up links, but that in my view must not go as far as a parent/feeder club.

4 hours ago, Wooderson said:

So no action to be taken on Pickford as the officials cool with it on the day. Super.

It was a bad tackle and Pickford was very lucky to stay on the pitch. 

But it was just a mistimed tackle, he did not go out to purposely hurt Van Dijk. The ref and VAR decided it did not warrant further action. You can't go back and re-ref every decision. Where do you stop? Van Dijk performed a tackle equally as bad on Insigne in the Champions League and he has never penalised. I don't remember Liverpool fans being up in arms because Van Dijk was not sent off then.

It was a bad tackle though and imo Pickford should have been off.

Edit - the VVD tackle was on Mertens

Edited by eastynh