Football 2020/2021

zahidf

Just now, jyoung said:

Not based on LFC's recent defensive form ;) 

i think it's fair to say that despite how worthy of winning Villa were that game was an anomaly. Four of Villa's goals were deflections which left the goalie with little chance.

And every one of the team played crap, too. That's unlikely to be repeated even if they still end up being (for recent Liverpool) pretty poor.

I'm hoping for a cracking game with lots of goals. If I were a betting man my money would be on Everton.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

i think it's fair to say that despite how worthy of winning Villa were that game was an anomaly. Four of Villa's goals were deflections which left the goalie with little chance.

And every one of the team played crap, too. That's unlikely to be repeated even if they still end up being (for recent Liverpool) pretty poor.

I'm hoping for a cracking game with lots of goals. If I were a betting man my money would be on Everton.

Only one team has conceded more goals than Liverpool this season.

As an Everton fan I'm more annoyed about the goal being disallowed than I would've been if we'd lost. 

And pickford should've been off too - if Richarlison goes Pickford's tackle was just as bad if not worse 

Hard to take pleasure in football when this sort of thing overshadows it. Hate VAR.

We deserved nothing from that game despite playing well in parts - we psychologically lost our heads in the last minute against Liverpool AGAIN, and they scored what I see as a perfectly legitimate goal. 

Yeah agree with most of that. The way the commentator described the Pickford incident was serous foul play vs violent conduct. if an attempt is made to play the ball its the first one and the ball has to be in play whilst violent conduct such as say punching someone can be given at any time. Haven't a clue if its true.

Saying that I expect Liverpool to walk the league this year they were fantastic, a bit depressing that its the best team we've put out in years and were played off the park without Liverpool having their keeper and best defender. We seem to grind out a draw quite a bit at Goodison alot easier than that with absolute dog shit on the pitch.

Mane was unbelievable. If there something the opposite of long covid he's clearly got that. Absolutely everywhere hounding defenders and even back defending himself.

5 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

As an Everton fan I'm more annoyed about the goal being disallowed than I would've been if we'd lost. 

And pickford should've been off too - if Richarlison goes Pickford's tackle was just as bad if not worse 

Hard to take pleasure in football when this sort of thing overshadows it. Hate VAR.

We deserved nothing from that game despite playing well in parts - we psychologically lost our heads in the last minute against Liverpool AGAIN, and they scored what I see as a perfectly legitimate goal. 

Fuck them, they have been on the lucky side of decisions for the last 30 years.

11 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Fuck them, they have been on the lucky side of decisions for the last 30 years.

"Fuck them"

Wondering what it is about relationship between Ev players and fanbase that wild lunatic career ending tackles are seemingly ok - dare i say it something to be celebrated.

Im actually not too familiar with level of anger im experiencing this evening. A new one for me.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

"Fuck them"

Wondering what it is about relationship between Ev players and fanbase that wild lunatic career ending tackles are seemingly ok - dare i say it something to be celebrated.

Im actually not too familiar with level of anger im experiencing this evening. A new one for me.

At least Everton did not try to fuck over every other club in the premier league like your lot did this week.

FA disciplinary panel going to be busy on Monday. 

I don’t believe Pickford was carded for his attempted leg break. This should mean retrospective action can be taken and a ban could be coming his way. 

There was also an uncomfortable incident where Aguero grabbed a lineswomans neck aggressively. There should also be action for that.

6 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I don’t believe Pickford was carded for his attempted leg break. This should mean retrospective action can be taken and a ban could be coming his way. 

Possibly the best thing that could happen to Everton. Give their new keeper who came in from Roma a few games and maybe won't affect Pickford's confidence as much if he needs to come back in.

The Athletic though is saying the challenge did goto VAR and the video referee was happy with it. I'm not sure if that would affect the disciplinary panel

https://theathletic.com/news/jordan-pickford-tackle-virgil-van-dijk-everton-liverpool/7tGZAZiHXnnl?source=twitteruk