Football 2020/2021

zahidf

14 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I was just thinking about Drogba stats after you mentioning Calvert-Lewin' and with Drogba doing the draw.

Now I am not comparing C-L with Drogba in any way, I just want to emphasise that stats can be misleading. 

Now Drogbas stats are very good, but they are not world class. Yet, Drogba was far more than his stats, he was the fulcrum and most important part of that Chelsea team. He scored heavy goals in big big matches and his performances show that stats can be misleading.

Calvert-Lewin' stats may be nothing spectacular as of yet, but your eyes should tell you he is a far better player than Bamford. He is quicker, faster, stronger, more intelligent, better on the ball and a better finisher than Bamford. Upto now, he has been used as a wrecking ball by Everton. Ancelotti has changed that and he now plays in front of goal, rather than chasing lost causes in the channels. 

Stats can be very misleading, for example sparky wasn't prolific but was perhaps the most important united player for a decade at utd.

Saying CL should be judged on a better goal scoring record over a season or 2, rather than 4 games. 

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Purple patch? Isn't that what Calvert-lewin is on? Before this season his ratio was  1 in 4. Bamford admittedly at a lower level, is much higher than that. 

Last season he was 1 in 3 and he is 4 years younger than Bamford. I'm not saying he is the next Shearer,but he is clearly the better bet of the two.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

I think McGinn is a player. Celtic were in for him before Villa but tried to negotiate Hibs down from 3million. 

He was keen to move but Hibs wouldn’t budge on the price and Villa stepped in.

I see his value as way above 3m now so Celtic not for the first time looking daft trying to get players up here on the cheap.

Agreed, would love to see him get his chance at a better team, then again maybe best to play regularly for villa.

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Very pleased though the injuries are really pilling up now and I think I'd swap Pickford for Kepa at the moment.

Where have all the grade A goalkeepers gone? Liverpool have one, City have one. Its a bit like centre backs, they are like gold dust as well.

Probably the reason why there's so many goals in the premer league.

22 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

One thing you can’t see in the Leeds V City game is the weather. 

You can tell the mancs have brought the rain with them. At my mates flat and can barely see the ground it’s so wet out there. 

5FD24DF1-3883-4B0C-BAAB-512B6B32A009.thumb.jpeg.58d1cc20dd5816d4cf679d19a70530aa.jpeg

Looks better than a clear day.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Obviously I’m biased but it would be nice to know your opinions. 

Are Leeds worthy of premier league status or not. 

You won the Championship, so yes you are worthy.

We came second so we are also worthy. Fulham won the playoff so are worthy.

There is no other metric.

The only time i would even consider arguing a side isn't "worthy" is when they've been stalling in 16th/17th for several seasons, just escaping but without contributing. 

Villa have taken an excess time to get relegated before, our last relegation had been coming for years. I suspect Southampton will narrowly survive again this season while being wildly unexciting. 

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

There was a big overreaction to west ham first game. I thought they played well against Arsenal, am sure they will do fine.

The squad is ridiculously lopsided. We are a couple of injuries away from being the worst side in the league. 

The most interesting part of the last two matches has been the tactical ineptness of messrs Santos and Rodgers.