Football 2020/2021

zahidf

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

You had to admire Chelsea's persistence in playing out from the back despite being utterly shite at it.

Spot on. A goal kick for Chelsea = A big chance for the opposition. To be fair, even LFC and City were shite at it at first so at least the only way is up.

It looks like Havertz may take some time to settle which is to be expected I suppose. Chances were falling to N'golo Kante yesterday but really its Havertz and Mount you want further up the pitch. I thought Tomori looked assured when he came on and its only a matter of time before Werner starts finding the net imo. Either way when Ziyech, Pulisic, Chilwell and Silva are fit it will be a completely different team... And that's before we bring in Mendy the new GK. I hope it doesn't take too long for them to start singing from the same hymn sheet.

34 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

@jyoung What's the deal with Pulisic. Finished last season on fire. Caused havoc for my dream team when he wasn't involved in the first game :lol: Assuming an injury?

Pulled up in the FA Cup final with a hamstring injury and had to come off. Was anticipated he would miss the start of the season but he recovered earlier than planned and has been training since preseason. 

He was electric at times last year but also suffered a few different injuries (caused from sprints) so I think Lamps and the medical team are working on building up his resilience before throwing him back in.

Sooner we get him back the better. Great player to watch.

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

Great statement from Les Ferdinand about how taking the knee is now just a PR gesture. 

thanks for bringing my attention to this. He's right. Players taking a knee has now just become part of the fabric of a premier league game, there is never any critical discussion on the issues, it just passes by unspoken... an almost meaningless gesture. The equivalent of posting a black square on instagram. 

51 minutes ago, rock the clock said:

thanks for bringing my attention to this. He's right. Players taking a knee has now just become part of the fabric of a premier league game, there is never any critical discussion on the issues, it just passes by unspoken... an almost meaningless gesture. The equivalent of posting a black square on instagram. 

Absolutely. Raising awareness is useless if you don't follow up with anything, and that's now being seen as the "good enough" action to take. It's not.

3 hours ago, lost said:

Aubameyang is the one that jumps out, Wes Morgan was when Leicester won the league though he's getting on and playing less. Lascelles at Newcastle?

I checked and it's 5, it actually surprised me that it was that high. Maybe things are heading in the right direction on the pitch. Clearly not in management and the boardroom.

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Ake looked the part last night and fit right in nicely. After watching Chelsea at the weekend, I am a bit surprised they did not exercise the option to bring him back.

Great win last night under difficult circumstances.

I saw a bad-taste hashtag joke last night about how dives matter.

Blind spot, easty? I'm sure you'd have spotted it if it was a different team.