Football 2020/2021

zahidf

42 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I read a piece the other day which said Bale had cost Real £23k for every minute he'd played.

Which is only going upwards, as they're still paying at least half of his wages.

Hes also scored winning goals in champions league finals, which in turn has generated far more than his wage.

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Hes also scored winning goals in champions league finals, which in turn has generated far more than his wage.

I was simply saying what I'd seen about his cost, I wasn't having at pop at him. However.....

Not entirely sure about that, at least not directly. I'd have thought that Real's turnover doesn't much change with a successful year (tho of course continual successful years keeps shirt sales, etc, always-high).

Also, was Bale's value to the team's performances worth more than what might be got from (an) other players(s) for the same dosh?

I don't have the answers to these things but I do know that (as a generalisation) the Real fans don't see Bale as good value. It's precisely why articles are being written saying how much he's cost.

I might be biased with him being Welsh but I am honestly shocked the way Real have treated Bale. As Easty said, he’s scored 2 winning goals in Champions League finals for them. The one against us especially was unreal. Think he deserves more respect for what he’s done there.

As for us. Reckon someone has nicked FSGs credit card :D Thiago is world class, absolutely delighted with that signing. Jota I don’t profess to have watched too much but it’s needed cover for the front 3. Tsimikas has signed as backup to Robertson which was needed. As much as I love Milner I don’t think it was right to have him as our only LB backup option.
Looking like Wilson and Grujic are both leaving for around £20mil each. I really hope Shaqiri stays but seems 50/50.

Edited by DareToDibble

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I might be biased with him being Welsh but I am honestly shocked the way Real have treated Bale. As Easty said, he’s scored 2 winning goals in Champions League finals for them. The one against us especially was unreal. Think he deserves more respect for what he’s done there.

it's a bit of a 2-sided thing, isn't it?

I can't remember him doing the "it's always been my dream to play for Real" thing when he arrived, and while that's not required it's the sort of thing which endears a player to the fans. Plus not learning Spanish.

And then it all went downhill from there, nicely summed up with the 'Wales, Golf, Real' thing.

33 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

As for us. Reckon someone has nicked FSGs credit card :D Thiago is world class, absolutely delighted with that signing. Jota I don’t profess to have watched too much but it’s needed cover for the front 3. Tsimikas has signed as backup to Robertson which was needed. As much as I love Milner I don’t think it was right to have him as our only LB backup option.
Looking like Wilson and Grujic are both leaving for around £20mil each. I really hope Shaqiri stays but seems 50/50.

Bale is a class act. Would have loved him at City but don't think he would have suited our style of play.

As for Jota, he is a decent enough player. Nice and tidy, keeps the ball and got a trick in him. Don't think he is good enough for a top team and was being pushed out at Wolves by Pedro Neto (he is the one you should have gone for). 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I read a piece the other day which said Bale had cost Real £23k for every minute he'd played.

Which is only going upwards, as they're still paying at least half of his wages.

Yeah. I wasn’t really having a pop at Bale more the madness of the money in football. Possibly now more than ever.

He played at Hampden for Wales on a horrible winters night when clearly injured I remember. Think it was Strachans first game. 

Great player but I was surprised at that weekly wage.