Football 2020/2021

zahidf

I wouldn't call it arrogance.. We've all been young, hormones blazing, the difference is most of us were not being DM'ed for sex by Icelandic super models via Instagram. 

Weak willed maybe but most of us don't know what its like to be tempted at that level so i wouldn't be too hard on them.

Edited by lost

34 minutes ago, lost said:

I wouldn't call it arrogance.. We've all been young, hormones blazing, the difference is most of us were not being DM'ed for sex by Icelandic super models via Instagram. 

Weak willed maybe but most of us don't know what its like to be tempted at that level so i wouldn't be too hard on them.

In a normal situation I would agree, but given the global COVID restrictions and all sacrifices required by many people to get these games ahead, as well and the pending Premier League season. But they knew it was wrong (they even paid a member of staff to sneak the girls in) and they just didn’t care.  

1 hour ago, lost said:

They were just a bit stupid thinking they wouldn't get caught. 

2 hours ago, st dan said:

In a normal situation I would agree, but given the global COVID restrictions and all sacrifices required by many people to get these games ahead, as well and the pending Premier League season. But they knew it was wrong (they even paid a member of staff to sneak the girls in) and they just didn’t care.  

Footballers have always used their money and status to attract woman and always will. I think like many men in the same situation they thought it was worth the risk.

3 hours ago, lost said:

Most of us? I absolutely demand to know the few of us who were! :D 

On 9/8/2020 at 5:02 PM, jyoung said:

Some movement on loans at Chelsea but we really need to sell some of the deadwood.

Disappointed to see that Tomori is going out on loan to Everton but hopefully he sees plenty of game time. He impressed in the first half of the season but fell out of favour / suffered from injuries during the second half (when none of the other CBs were delivering). Hopefully he'll perform well on Merseyside and come back next year ready to play in the first team again.

Connor Gallagher was lined up for Palace but they've chosen to loan Batshuayi instead so @Hugh Jass it looks like your lot might be taking Gallagher this year. Good player, keep an eye out!

What’s the story with Billy Gilmours injury mate ? Will he struggle to get back in with the new signings do you reckon ?

8 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

What’s the story with Billy Gilmours injury mate ? Will he struggle to get back in with the new signings do you reckon ?

Yeah that injury was a shame and there's no real time scale for return atm.

I don't think any of the new signings will have much of an impact on whether he will play. The only player we've signed who could play CM is Havertz but he is unlikely to play in the same position as Billy.

I think Frank likes Billy a lot and he showed that when he started him against Liverpool in the cup and Everton in the PL. I reckon he trusts him more than Jorginho. After a very good start he put in some inconsistent performances (to be expected from a young kid) and I imagine Frank will want to get him back to a good level before throwing him in again. 

They'll build up his match fitness with some U23 games when he's ready and then I'd expect him to feature in cup games. If he puts in the same displays he did early on, he won't be benched. I like him so let's hope it happens!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jyoung said:

Yeah that injury was a shame and there's no real time scale for return atm.

I don't think any of the new signings will have much of an impact on whether he will play. The only player we've signed who could play CM is Havertz but he is unlikely to play in the same position as Billy.

I think Frank likes Billy a lot and he showed that when he started him against Liverpool in the cup and Everton in the PL. I reckon he trusts him more than Jorginho. After a very good start he put in some inconsistent performances (to be expected from a young kid) and I imagine Frank will want to get him back to a good level before throwing him in again. 

They'll build up his match fitness with some U23 games when he's ready and then I'd expect him to feature in cup games. If he puts in the same displays he did early on, he won't be benched. I like him so let's hope it happens!

Going to be tough for your youngsters with the big moneys buys coming in.

Strong suggestion that Rice might be signed, which would put Gilmour at least 3rd in the pecking order for his position. 

Though I think everyone has to be prepared for heavy rotation this season looking at the schedule, so he can still expect a fair amount of game time. Same goes for Tammy/CHO/Reece James. Mount I see as first choice anyway.