Football 2020/2021

zahidf

5 hours ago, zahidf said:

Moyes and half the west ham team coming to criticise the sale of diangana isn't a good look.. 

Other than the top handful of teams and the newly promoted clubs no one’s really got a lot of money to spend in football at the moment. 

Assets have to be stripped back where they can if new investments have to be made. 

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Other than the top handful of teams and the newly promoted clubs no one’s really got a lot of money to spend in football at the moment. 

Assets have to be stripped back where they can if new investments have to be made. 

Not only that, but the wages a lot of premiership players are on makes it impossible to shift the players they would prefer to shift.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Apparently Foden and Greenwood have been up to no good in Iceland and are going to be kicked out of the England squad...

I can speak from experience that clubbing in Iceland is quite an experience. The women are incredibly forward and most of the men are out at sea fishing.

So the Czech Republic had to quarantine their full squad after Fridays match.

Over the weekend they put together a new 24 man squad with only 2 players previously capped. One of them 36 years old with 4 years between caps.

This new team play Scotland tonight.

What can possibly go wrong 🙈🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥶🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

So the Czech Republic had to quarantine their full squad after Fridays match.

Over the weekend they put together a new 24 man squad with only 2 players previously capped. One of them 36 years old with 4 years between caps.

This new team play Scotland tonight.

What can possibly go wrong 🙈🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🥶🤷‍♂️

0-0 then, right?! 

I'm actually intrigued by that, might have a watch!

Some movement on loans at Chelsea but we really need to sell some of the deadwood.

Disappointed to see that Tomori is going out on loan to Everton but hopefully he sees plenty of game time. He impressed in the first half of the season but fell out of favour / suffered from injuries during the second half (when none of the other CBs were delivering). Hopefully he'll perform well on Merseyside and come back next year ready to play in the first team again.

Connor Gallagher was lined up for Palace but they've chosen to loan Batshuayi instead so @Hugh Jass it looks like your lot might be taking Gallagher this year. Good player, keep an eye out!

6 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Almost as fortune as Wales who have had 2 dire matches and somehow come away with 6 points from two 1-0s. Most recent game a 94th minute winner!

Interesting the last 2 games I have forgotten Wales are playing and they have won both. I am therefore trying to realise how in the Euros I can forget every game Wales have, because clearly there is a link here!

10 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Some movement on loans at Chelsea but we really need to sell some of the deadwood.

Disappointed to see that Tomori is going out on loan to Everton but hopefully he sees plenty of game time. He impressed in the first half of the season but fell out of favour / suffered from injuries during the second half (when none of the other CBs were delivering). Hopefully he'll perform well on Merseyside and come back next year ready to play in the first team again.

Connor Gallagher was lined up for Palace but they've chosen to loan Batshuayi instead so @Hugh Jass it looks like your lot might be taking Gallagher this year. Good player, keep an eye out!

I’d be very happy if we got Gallagher, looked a real prospect in the Champ last season.

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It concerns me that they are going to be screening all premiership matches live. I always worried the premiership teams would try and use the Covid situation to their advantage. If this continues it will have a detrimental impact on lower league football when crowds are allowed back.

True but not sure what other option there is without crowds