Football 2020/2021

zahidf

As a Leeds fan I'm confident we have enough in us to not be fighting relegation come the end of the season.

I honestly don't look any sides apart from Liverpool and Man City as being world class. Utd as much as I hate to admit it could be within touching distance of those 2 this season though.

Certainly if you go from 9th downwards in the prem league table from last season all of those teams are very average i'd say.

Top 4: Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd & Chelsea

Leeds: 10th

Relegation: Fulham, West Brom & Newcastle

Edited by JoeyT

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Might change my mind after a few transfers but at the moment I'd be inclined to go with

Top four - City (C), Liverpool, Chelsea and United

Bottom three - Palace, Fulham and Leeds

You seriously think Leeds will be in the worse 3 teams in the division?!

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

as a leeds fan I do

we still have the same if not a weaker squad that finished 16th in the championship

can out coach championship teams, different story in the prem

my predictions

Man city, Liverpool, Man utd, Chelsea

Fulham Leeds West brom

Just now, pryce said:

as a leeds fan I do

we still have the same if not a weaker squad that finished 16th in the championship

can out coach championship teams, different story in the prem

my predictions

Man city, Liverpool, Man utd, Chelsea

Fulham Leeds West brom

Have you not seen the state of the bottom half of the table in the Prem?

I'd argue it's the lowest quality it has been in years.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's an ignorant prediction from me mate as I don't follow the Championship too much. I know they play attacking football and create a lot of chances but I know that Norwich did the same and look how they faired. I could be completely wrong and I'm sure more informed viewers will tell me why very shortly. Can't see Bamford scoring many goals in the PL though. I don't necessarily think they are going to be a bad team but when you have sides like Sheffield United and Burnley who can grind out teams, it's going to be tough for a side like Leeds with very little top flight experience. I know they are desperate to sign White permanently but I can't see Brighton letting him go either, at least not without entertaining a bid from a side with more money.

Just now, JoeyT said:

Have you not seen the state of the bottom half of the table in the Prem?

I'd argue it's the lowest quality it has been in years.

I am a leeds fan, naturally pessimistic .

relegated the year before parachute payments, probably get relegated the year they scrap them ha

4 minutes ago, jyoung said:

It's an ignorant prediction from me mate as I don't follow the Championship too much. I know they play attacking football and create a lot of chances but I know that Norwich did the same and look how they faired. I could be completely wrong and I'm sure more informed viewers will tell me why very shortly. Can't see Bamford scoring many goals in the PL though. I don't necessarily think they are going to be a bad team but when you have sides like Sheffield United and Burnley who can grind out teams, it's going to be tough for a side like Leeds with very little top flight experience. I know they are desperate to sign White permanently but I can't see Brighton letting him go either, at least not without entertaining a bid from a side with more money.

Some additions are definitely required especially a CB and someone who can put the ball in the back of the net better than Bamford can. I'm certainly not ignorant to the fact we won't be creating as many chances as we were last season so it's vital when we do they result in a goal which unfortunately Bamford doesn't do all to often!

We've invested heavily in under 20 players already so there is certainly a long term vision.

It's a strange old market given the current situation and it seems only pre-covid agreed transfers have actually taken place within the premier league to a large degree. It'll be very interesting to see when it all picks up as I'd imagine it's the sort of situation where one transfer will spark a frenzy across all clubs.

https://twitter.com/thesullis/status/1296197017329373186?s=21

I’m not a certain poster so forgive me if I’ve linked to twitter incorrectly. 

For those that aren’t aware, the company responsible for running the athletics track have been losing money since West Ham moved in. A large reason behind this has been the cost of removing the temporary stands in the lower tiers at the end of the season, storing them over the summer, and rebuilding them at the beginning of the season. 

They have worked out that it would be quicker and less labour intensive to replace the curved lower tiers at either end with a more traditional straight edged stand. Therefore cheaper. 

Sullivan, Gold, and Brady are attempting to sell the change as listening to supporters and getting fans closer to the action. Which in itself isn’t strictly true as although some fans will be slightly closer, some will also be further away. 

Anyway, one of the hundreds of problems with the athletics track has always been the large gap between the back of the lower tier and the front of the upper tier. 

The photo in the link (if I’ve done it correctly) shows the new even fucking larger gap. 

I would laugh if I wasn’t crying. 

Right now I’m absolutely certain we’ll be going down. Now that the loan players are gone we are now weaker than we were last season, and even then we barely scraped over the line.

Other issue that we, and plenty others, will face is the severely reduced funds to play with in the transfer market. Can’t really see anyone other than the mega clubs spending huge sums, it’ll most likely be quiet up until a week before the deadline when suddenly it’ll all go made when prices start to drop and teams get desperate.

49 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Is there an Efestivals fantasy football league? 

Aubameyang being listed as a midfielder this year is crazy. I suppose no more crazy than Salah and Mane who have been listed as midfielders for a few years. It appears any wide attacker goes down as a midfielder. Greenwood is also there.