2021 Tickets

gooner1990

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Ah! Seems so long ago now. Remember the 24 hour marathon to secure tix in 2004 when they first went phone / online only - had hit redial something like 1000 times.... When I finally got through I nearly proposed to the call handler such was my elation.

1 minute ago, Pinhead said:

Ah! Seems so long ago now. Remember the 24 hour marathon to secure tix in 2004 when they first went phone / online only - had hit redial something like 1000 times.... When I finally got through I nearly proposed to the call handler such was my elation.

2004 was my first....I was at uni at the time and I sat there drinking £1 a pint in the student union trying on my phone and a mates laptop...no joy so started trying when I get home and eventually got them about 6.30am!

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

In a way its kind of better now that its all over in 20 mins and you don't loose the whole day trying only to end up not getting any.

I've said before perhaps GFL should sell them in independent record shops again and see who has the stamina to camp outside a shop to get them....(will never happen tho!)

When they used to get sold in record shops / book shops / private tix agencies in the '90's / early '00's I never saw a queue tbh, even when HMV got in on it as well. Guess it just wasn't as popular then - seems amazing to think that there was only about 90k tix officially being sold, even tho at least half that again would get in without one at all...

Just now, Pinhead said:

When they used to get sold in record shops / book shops / private tix agencies in the '90's / early '00's I never saw a queue tbh, even when HMV got in on it as well. Guess it just wasn't as popular then - seems amazing to think that there was only about 90k tix officially being sold, even tho at least half that again would get in without one at all...

I remember being with a mate of mine when he bought his for 1999 and I was buying mine for Reading.

We went into HMV in Oxford and no queues no nothing, just paid the money - they printed it off and that was that.

Oh how times have changed....

6 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

In 1998 they sold out suddently everywhere (we thought we had ages left to get them in), and a mate of mine had to go all the way from Croydon to Basingstoke HMV to get the last few that he had been told were still left there.

We had similar for Reading one year (think it was 2002)...sold out in Oxford, had to jump on a train to Reading (ironically) and get them from the HMV there.

1998 Glastonbury I assume people were eventually being paid to actually go in given the state of the weather! ha!

7 hours ago, zico martin said:

Got ours today thank Christ 🙂 we are away for the week so was concerned that no one was there to sign for them. But it is apparent now that the postman himself signed for them and stuck them through the letterbox. Rebel 🙂

Did you get an email saying they had been despatched first or did they just arrive mate? 

8 hours ago, zico martin said:

Got ours today thank Christ 🙂 we are away for the week so was concerned that no one was there to sign for them. But it is apparent now that the postman himself signed for them and stuck them through the letterbox. Rebel 🙂

Posties have been doing that for 18 months due to the close contacts needed and Covid.

Ours are being sent out today - hurrah

6 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Did you get an email saying they had been despatched first or did they just arrive mate? 

Yay just had my dispatch email 🙂 must have been reading fb posts 🙂 whoop whoop hope yours has come too 

Edited by crazyfool1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

It’s still a week away at least , when do they need to arrive by for you ? 

Wednesday at the latest really. If they are not here by Tuesday I'll have to ask the organisers to let me collect on the day. Bit of a faff but I think I can speak for all of us when I say we bloody need this weekend!