2021 Tickets

gooner1990

10 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Went for first time in 2010, then again as a steward in 2015, so seen the festival from both sides - you won't be disappointed! Hope we get some idea of which bookings are potentially being honored from last year at some point.

Were any announced last year?  Any details?

Edit - ignore me, found the details.

Edited by Skelts

14 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Went for first time in 2010, then again as a steward in 2015, so seen the festival from both sides - you won't be disappointed! Hope we get some idea of which bookings are potentially being honored from last year at some point.

Fingers crossed that Flogging Molly play!

22 hours ago, Quark said:

Just tell her a bloke on the internet that thinks he's a Star Trek alien told you to do it.

Watertight plan if ever I saw one.

I may have swung it, sort of.

We’re buying a van to convert into a camper at the moment, and intend to have it ready for the road by late July as I’m a teacher. Mrs B still has her heart set on six weeks on the continent but with Covid I just can’t see it. 
I’ve convinced her a couple of weeks tour of Wales and Scotland followed by BD is a good back up, knowing it’s far more likely to happen. 
How easy are tickets to resell though if we do end up in Europe? 

3 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I live near Oxford so can either come down the A34>M4>M5 or the A34>A3003>A30

Go with whichever is quicker for you and if that means getting off the m5 in Exeter, you can always drive straight past the site on the A30 and do a u turn at honiton so you end up approaching from there. I live 20 mins north of the site and approach from honiton mid afternoon, haven’t experienced any major delays 👍

Its not a massive distance from the car park either so much easier to do a couple of trips. I leave a massive cool box full of cider and ice in the car and head back there on Saturday too

1 minute ago, Skelts said:

Go with whichever is quicker for you and if that means getting off the m5 in Exeter, you can always drive straight past the site on the A30 and do a u turn at honiton so you end up approaching from there. I live 20 mins north of the site and approach from honiton mid afternoon, haven’t experienced any major delays 👍

Its not a massive distance from the car park either so much easier to do a couple of trips. I leave a massive cool box full of cider and ice in the car and head back there on Saturday too

As its not Glastonbury I won't be racing down there to get in the second the gates open so 3pm I'm hoping the queues to get on site and into the festival will be ok.

Couple of questions...where in the camping would two blokes aged 39 fit in? and also what's the security like with searching going in? 😉 

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

As its not Glastonbury I won't be racing down there to get in the second the gates open so 3pm I'm hoping the queues to get on site and into the festival will be ok.

Couple of questions...where in the camping would two blokes aged 39 fit in? and also what's the security like with searching going in? 😉 

Anywhere but the family camping site I guess. I go to north camping, in through the blue gate and turn right. 
Personally I’ve never been searched or seen anyone else being searched. So I don’t really know how thorough it would be if you did get selected. Once you’re in and wristbanded, I’m pretty sure you just get waved on through if you go out to the car & back in though!

2 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Anywhere but the family camping site I guess. I go to north camping, in through the blue gate and turn right. 
Personally I’ve never been searched or seen anyone else being searched. So I don’t really know how thorough it would be if you did get selected. Once you’re in and wristbanded, I’m pretty sure you just get waved on through if you go out to the car & back in though!

Thanks for the tips. 🙂 

I wasn't sure if they had sniffer dogs etc like at some festivals nowadays! 

Do many people 'get on it' ? we will probably look to have a bit of a good time late on (not during the day) but don't want to stand out if everyone else is just drinking!

19 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Thanks for the tips. 🙂 

I wasn't sure if they had sniffer dogs etc like at some festivals nowadays! 

Do many people 'get on it' ? we will probably look to have a bit of a good time late on (not during the day) but don't want to stand out if everyone else is just drinking!

PM’d you

On 3/12/2021 at 2:02 PM, gooner1990 said:

Bought tickets this morning for Beautiful Days but not been before....me and my mate (both 39) are going together....any tips on camping areas etc? Or tips on arrival times etc that 1st timers wouldn't know? 

I think me & my brother arrived about 5pm ish or something like that on the Thursday, and getting in was a breeze.  There was a queue, but it was a moving queue. Was about a 5-10 min walk from the car park to site as I recall, nothing like the schlep at G.

As far as location goes, we just plonked down in a spot by the Cabaret tent.  Nice and easy to walk back into the main area, quiet enough to kip but not completely dead quiet so a wee bit of bustle.  Was a decent enough pitch, but we pretty much wandered in and just found somewhere with a space so didn't spend ages weighing up the options 🙂

On 3/13/2021 at 5:54 PM, gooner1990 said:

Depends on how on it you mean I guess!  There was a lot of fragrant smoke around the place, but not 100% sure about others.  There is some later night stuff, but obvs not to the same degree. In all honesty I think it would depend on how out of your tree you'd plan to get; if you're at a dancing / hugging / sweating state you'd probably be OK, but if you're naked and running around screaming about the dragons chasing you then you might get noticed 😄