Parklife 2021

Mattymooz

• 3 months later...

New Order and Hot Chip will be playing their on the 11th. Ticketmaster announced it as a standalone show and then took it down. Someone obviously screwed up, so I'd expect they are headlining.

1 hour ago, moz4pm said:

New Order and Hot Chip will be playing their on the 11th. Ticketmaster announced it as a standalone show and then took it down. Someone obviously screwed up, so I'd expect they are headlining.

I can't imagine they're the actual headliners for Parklife though; it's not really their target audience is it? They usually have a standalone concert on the Friday anyway.

I reckon Tyler will return anyhow

40 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It's looking like he might have pulled out of Prima tbh. Besides, is he that popular outside spanish/latinx countries?

Yeah, he's definitely headliner level now, at least for younger-leaning festivals. Has one of the biggest worldwide streaming hits of the year at the moment. To be honest he might be on at Wireless instead, looking at his schedule, but I don't think he'd be out of place at Parklife.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It's looking like he might have pulled out of Prima tbh. Besides, is he that popular outside spanish/latinx countries?

Where have you heard he might be pulling out of Primavera?

edit: oh wait never mind I looked in the Primavera thread 

Edited by FloorFiller

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Getting worried now... I had optimism for June a few days ago

For an event that can change dates, changing dates until later in the year will definitely give more chance of the event going ahead.

It's a bit of a no-brainer really. Why take a big risk if you can take a lower risk (and particularly important if finances are on the edge)?

Looks like Glastonbury doesn't really have the option of changing dates, but anyway, I don't think what Parklife is doing says anything about a changed chance of Glastonbury going ahead.

15 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

For an event that can change dates, changing dates until later in the year will definitely give more chance of the event going ahead.

It's a bit of a no-brainer really. Why take a big risk if you can take a lower risk (and particularly important if finances are on the edge)?

Looks like Glastonbury doesn't really have the option of changing dates, but anyway, I don't think what Parklife is doing says anything about a changed chance of Glastonbury going ahead.

Probably being in Manchester and the event not being overly weather dependant (i.e. no camping) has affected the decision. We've been the area that's been in lockdown the longest and we'll probably the last to come out of it. 

Tyler is most likely out now then seeing as he's on the early summer touring circuit of Europe, shame because he was my biggest incentive for going.

Khalid could still be back, hasn't been rebooked for any of the summer festivals he was supposed to be at, either he's got plans to come to Europe towards the end of summer which would work for the new Parklife dates or his tour has been cancelled completely.

We could be looking at two new headliners, any speculation for who this could be?

Disclosure, Stormzy and Post Malone are all about due to headlining Leeds, would they be likely to also take a headline slot at Parklife/Lovebox?

Gerry Cinnamon and Lewis Capaldi are two undercard acts at Leeds who could also headline without raising too many eyebrows

i could see The 1975 and Skepta headlining, both acts are at Boardmasters a month before, The 1975 are far less likely than Skepta though as they've already headlined before and i believe Parklife have never had repeat headliners (maybe i'm wrong). Skepta was also booked to play this year, headlining the second stage against Khalid, if one or all of the headliners have dropped out, i can see Skepta getting the offer.

Gorillaz are around next year, early summer dates seem to be the only ones announced so far but i could see them headlining Parklife/Lovebox

Travis Scott has plans to come over to Europe next summer as he's set to headline Rolling Loud in Portugal, due to the dates though i imagine he'll be at Wireless

Dave will mostly be around at the time as well, he has postponed dates for France in November so i assume he'll be in Europe still for September

Bad Bunny has shows in Spain all throughout July leading up to early August, no confirmed dates after that but he could still be in Europe come September

Cardi B is set to headline Mad Cool mid-july, after having cancelled last time she was supposed to play she could be back to make up for it.

Potential Acts: (in order of most likely - least likely imo)

Khalid, Gerry Cinnamon, Lewis Capaldi, Skepta, Dave, Disclosure, Bad Bunny, Gorillaz, Cardi B, The 1975, Travis Scott, Stormzy, Post Malone

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tyler could be there still. Rappers can fly in and out for shows more than bands with loads of equipment and rigs and stuff can (unless they have a huge setup). The Parklife/Lovebox double would be worth the trip if it’s just Tyler, his entourage and his wig.

yeah you make a good point, just looking at his tour schedule so far he seems to be in Europe June-July, then has one date in Australia sandwiched between Europe and US, whether headlining Splendour is a one off gig in Australia or not he seems to be jumping all over the world this summer, plausible he could be back and i do really hope he is

9 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

yeah you make a good point, just looking at his tour schedule so far he seems to be in Europe June-July, then has one date in Australia sandwiched between Europe and US, whether headlining Splendour is a one off gig in Australia or not he seems to be jumping all over the world this summer, plausible he could be back and i do really hope he is

It actually is his only show in Australia - or it was due to be in 2020, as it said on the poster - so yeah you raise a good point that he has precedent for agreeing to fly around the world for one show.

6 minutes ago, Thebigman said:

Heard rumours Dave’s got the nod for this. Very much he said, she said at this stage but seems like a good fit. 

Not a bad headline act.

Kind of deserves it tbh. He was always speculated to headline Wireless but Parklife seems a good fit.

well, see tickets have just listed Parklife, and it says these are playing...

Tyler, the Creator Khalid Lewis Capaldi Skepta Jorja Smith Robyn Anderson .Paak Giggs Eric Prydz Carl Cox Bicep Four Tet Fatboy Slim Aitch D-Block Europe AJ Tracey Hot Chip Charli XCX Mabel CamelPhat Adam Beyer Annie Mac Peggy Gou Fisher Sven Vath Andy C Nina Kraviz Joseph Capriati Loco Dice Green Velvet GoldLink Roisin Murphy Jon Hopkins Little Simz Solardo Sonny Fodera Gorgon City Seth Troxler Floating Points Honey Dijon Skream Mahalia BADBADNOTGOOD KSI Georgia

Edited by eFestivals