V Festival 2020

NickisGinger

Have some real happy memories of V Festival (Stafford), I know it gets slated on here but all the year's I went 2007-2012 I had a great time and met some wonderful people including my other half

It did go downhill though but I really enjoyed the times I went :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Have some real happy memories of V Festival (Stafford), I know it gets slated on here but all the year's I went 2007-2012 I had a great time and met some wonderful people including my other half

Yeah I went to Chelmsford for a few years, I also have good memories. If it ever came back, even with a shit line-up, I’d go back. I’ve seen some top artists there. 

On 8/17/2020 at 9:00 PM, shoptildrop said:

Same - though 2004 - 2015 off and on! 2008 was amazing with The Verve and Muse (with KoL after only 3 albums and Stereophonics below), but it was the joint worst at-festival rain conditions I've ever experienced, with the main stage area turning into a lake within a few of hours. That Sunday would get cancelled now - there was a lot more resiliency then. . 

Also, the last Oasis gig with Snow Patrol, Elbow, Biffy, James and OCS on before them was a particular highlight.

Interesting that they're resurrecting the name - I do wonder if this might've been the plan for this year, to do a pop festival in Chelmsford only. 

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Same - though 2004 - 2015 off and on! 2008 was amazing with The Verve and Muse (with KoL after only 3 albums and Stereophonics below), but it was the joint worst at-festival rain conditions I've ever experienced, with the main stage area turning into a lake within a few of hours. That Sunday would get cancelled now - there was a lot more resiliency then. . 

Also, the last Oasis gig with Snow Patrol, Elbow, Biffy, James and OCS on before them was a particular highlight.

Interesting that they're resurrecting the name - I do wonder if this might've been the plan for this year, to do a pop festival in Chelmsford only. 

Oh god I remember that year as watched KOL into Verve, was piss wet through and there was an actual waterfall coming off the roof which meant Verve finished 20 mins early!! Knee high mud and everyone being herded through one bloody exit!! I was in orange but for some reason they weren't let people in, so it was someone on a mega phone telling people to keep moving but we couldn't get in Orange for ages - I was so glad I camped at the top of the hill lol

Sunday's bright spark idea - lets suck up all the liquid mud but guess what there is now chewy mud underneath... you couldn't make it up!!

2007 was bad for rain too as it was really cold and windy, at one point I went back to my car to keep dry and sit on a comfy seat for an hour drinking a can, once beers kicked I was fine but was very soggy year too.

2010 was a good year as weather was great and just generally enjoyed the vibe, I do miss it :( 

Edited by shoptildrop

8 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Oh god I remember that year as watched KOL into Verve, was piss wet through and there was an actual waterfall coming off the roof which meant Verve finished 20 mins early!! Knee high mud and everyone being herded through one bloody exit!! I was in orange but for some reason they weren't let people in, so it was someone on a mega phone telling people to keep moving but we couldn't get in Orange for ages - I was so glad I camped at the top of the hill lol

Sunday's bright spark idea - lets suck up all the liquid mud but guess what there is now chewy mud underneath... you couldn't make it up!!

2007 was bad for rain too as it was really cold and windy, at one point I went back to my car to keep dry and sit on a comfy seat for an hour drinking a can, once beers kicked I was fine but was very soggy year too.

2010 was a good year as weather was great and just generally enjoyed the vibe, I do miss it :( 

Thing that really impressed me was that Muse's crew had managed to set up those HAARP satellite spotlights either side of the stage in those conditions

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Foo Fighters, Gaga (sub MGMT in a tent 2009), Killers, White lies, Taylor Swift, Kanye (mid afternoon in 2007), KOL, Biffy, Elbow, Prodigy, Eminem,  Fun lovin Criminals, Skunk Annaise, Jarvis, Alanis Morresette, Lenny Kravitz, Amy Winehouse (car crash unfortunately), Chems, Echo & the Bunnymen, Faithless, Paul Weller, Florence, Goldfrapp, La Roux, Rihanna the list goes on and all people I have seen in the years I went there!!

People slated it but it pulled some big names and had great heritage/legend bands too :) 

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Thing that really impressed me was that Muse's crew had managed to set up those HAARP satellite spotlights either side of the stage in those conditions

oh god yeah... what always made be chuckle is when they let off all those massive eye balloons they all flew up the left of the stage up towards the channel 4 stage where Prodigy were playing - bet a few folk freaked out by them :lol:

Edited by shoptildrop

Used to go to v every year, weston park just up the road. Then it went really bad for my tastes and shot itself in the foot. Late 90s and early noughties were good. In those days I used to do glasto, TITP, v and reading and a bit of ozfst/download thrown in.

99-v.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Foo Fighters, Gaga (sub MGMT in a tent 2009), Killers, White lies, Taylor Swift, Kanye (mid afternoon in 2007), KOL, Biffy, Elbow, Prodigy, Eminem,  Fun lovin Criminals, Skunk Annaise, Jarvis, Alanis Morresette, Lenny Kravitz, Amy Winehouse (car crash unfortunately), Chems, Echo & the Bunnymen, Faithless, Paul Weller, Florence, Goldfrapp, La Roux, Rihanna the list goes on and all people I have seen in the years I went there!!

People slated it but it pulled some big names and had great heritage/legend bands too :) 

Same here with most of them names! Mad to think it was actually at V Festival. 

11 hours ago, thetime said:

Used to go to v every year, weston park just up the road. Then it went really bad for my tastes and shot itself in the foot. Late 90s and early noughties were good. In those days I used to do glasto, TITP, v and reading and a bit of ozfst/download thrown in.

99-v.jpg

did you know that a 14-years-old Eagle-Eye Cherry used to be the stand-in keyboardist for Talking Heads rehearsals, when Jerry Harrison was on a bender wasn't available

He lived with his dad in the loft apartment above Chris & Tina's.

</useless fact>

Edited by eFestivals