Boomtown 2021 thread

jplgc

8 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Were they not there 3 years ago? I've never been, but really thinking of buying tickets for this soon. 

Might have been, not sure.

They were announced for last year and were on the radio later saying they'd been rebooked by all of their cancellations, so seem to be locked in.

Ps: the DJs you've never heard of are there every year. Sometimes under a different name every year. 😛

Edited by eFestivals

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Might have been, not sure.

They were announced for last year and were on the radio later saying they'd been rebooked by all of their cancellations, so seem to be locked in.

Ps: the DJs you've never heard of are there every year. Sometimes under a different name every year. 😛

You sure your not thinking of 2019? They are not in the 2020 line up poster - which is unfortunate as I love them

2 hours ago, zico martin said:

Hi guys, newbie here thinking of trying this festival as a substitute to Glastonbury this year, any thoughts on who's playing this year?

There's no line up announcement this year.

I'd merit a guess that the British bands will carry over - Underworld, Orbital, Kano, The Libertines and Pendulum but who knows?

Completely new design this year too - could see someone like IDLES get a pretty prominent slot?

But herald @Sawdusty Surfer's advice - Boomtown will be a party.

Edited by vintagelaureate

Anyone slightly concerned that Boomtown hasn't made a statement following the announcement this week? 

Anyway it hasn't changed our decision, 6 of us now booked to go!!

Just noticed this on the FAQs

Are any Artists from the 2020 line up being rolled over to next year?

Chapter One: The Gathering will be a fresh new music programme but you can also expect to see many of the artists from the 2020 lineup performing in 2021

Wonder if this means that any of the 'big names' will be returning? Orbital, Libertines and De La Soul are the ones i'm hoping for. Strangely messaged my mate a few weeks back saying imagine how good it would be hearing Belfast by Orbital as the first song back at a festival.... 

3 minutes ago, Jp2021 said:

Truthfully I think boomtown are majorly skint and haven't sold many tickets.

I thought this as soon as they downsized and started this ambassador programme..

I love boomtown and I'm praying for them but I have a bad feeling 

Surely a statement from them about this year would change all that? The majority of other festivals that have posted saying 'its on' or something similar have usually followed it up with a message on how quickly tickets are selling. Obviously theres no way to determine whether thats actually the case, but surely a statement wouldn't hurt?

17 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

It really won't matter who's playing. If Boomtown happens it will be The Party of 2021 and go off like you won't believe.

If your decision to go is dependent on lineup then maybe it's not the festival for you.

This hits the nail right on the top of the head, great response and bang on.

15 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

There's no line up announcement this year.

I'd merit a guess that the British bands will carry over - Underworld, Orbital, Kano, The Libertines and Pendulum but who knows?

Completely new design this year too - could see someone like IDLES get a pretty prominent slot?

But herald @Sawdusty Surfer's advice - Boomtown will be a party.

Idles played the earache factory in 2018. Not many saw them, good sound in that t small tent.!!

Friends, it finally feels like there’s light at the end of the tunnel...

Tuesday’s announcement was extremely welcome and has actually seen us get very close to selling out of all tickets for Boomtown Chapter One: The Gathering - 2021. A deep thank you for your ongoing support, it's truly incredible. 

Of course, there are still bumps in the road ahead but rest assured we’re doing absolutely everything we can to make sure our incredible community can dance together again this August ❤️

https://www.facebook.com/176130945746461/posts/5821337377892428/?sfnsn=scwspmo

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

From Lak's FB page just now, he's the head honcho.

Emerging out from the longest winter in history and finally starting to have some serious chats about a certain party this august! 😊🙏🏼

This will be an emotional roller coaster if it happens - Relief, excitement, the releasing of the pressure cooker lid. I really am not concerned about the line up, I would happily turn up without knowing and wander about finding amazing people, new bands, unbelievable experiences. The mix of ska, punk, hardcore, gypsy and all those mashed up during the day, then headliners in the evening, and the acid house, electro music, plus tiny venues playing gigs way in to the night is what makes it amazing. We kept the Faith - BOOM!

• Upvote 1

On 2/26/2021 at 3:14 PM, joser1974 said:

Just out of interest, does anyone know what the capacity will actually be this year?

It's in the ballpark of 40k tickets sold. They never gave an exact figure, but I understand it is this ballpark. Then plus all the crew, volunteers, artists, vendors etc.

This is  compared to about 48k tickets available to the public in 2019 (66k cap)

People always get a bit mixed up saying Boomtown is "66k" tickets, but that number always included all the crew/volunteers/artists/vendors. It's the total number of people permitted on site, not the number of tickets sold.

Edited by Sku

• 1 month later...