Download 2022

dannymichaels

23 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Glad I didn't spring for a Saturday day ticket, what ridiculous stage times. 

I've just realised it's over £100 now just for a day ticket. Jeez! 

I'll continue to look on twickets. Someone was selling an adult for £91 a couple of days ago, would have been a bit of money off at least. 

Hope those going have a great time. I'll be there from when we arrive on Wed evening in the campervan field. A bit less pished than in normal times (if I do as I'm told). Looks like it might be windy which is the suckiest of weather outcomes. Fingers crossed we escape the worst.

3 hours ago, devilman said:

Hope those going have a great time. I'll be there from when we arrive on Wed evening in the campervan field. A bit less pished than in normal times (if I do as I'm told). Looks like it might be windy which is the suckiest of weather outcomes. Fingers crossed we escape the worst.

I’m not even going to pretend that I’m going to be less pished than normal haha.

Got Wales Netherlands footy match in Cardiff on Wednesday so will be in Downlod Friday morning.

12 hours ago, devilman said:

Hopefully see you folks over the weekend again

Download 2022. I had a great time overall. Saw some great stuff. 

The Ghost Inside on Friday were absolutely monstrous. Skindred nailed it too. Just utterly unstoppable live. Had a huge crowd. 

Will Haven were incredible on Saturday. As were bleed from within. Deftones were brilliant. Sepultura were a blast too. 

Sunday, Alestorm…I don’t get it 😂I know it’s all fun and games, it’s just not for me. Baroness were really bloody good.
I’m sure people will rave about them, and I think Eternal Blue is a brilliant album, but I didn’t think much of Spiritbox live. That’s just one person’s opinion though. 
Fire From the Gods were a fun time, and I loved Biffy. Thought they smashed it, again. Bring on the November tour. 

Overall, I had a lot of fun. Next year’s download, four days…big time step up. I’d genuinely not be shocked by a double main stage too.  

1 minute ago, Red Day said:

Great weekend. Didn’t really see anything I didn’t like. Loved Maiden as always but Korn last night were truly outstanding.  

I think I'm the only one that wasn't bothered by them. I admit they aren't generally my thing but I gave it a go given I've seen The Darkness but I just got bored. The weather was good but for a festival day it wasn't worth what it cost at all but that's my opinion. I think Biffy have got to the point for me now where their setlists just aren't worth me attending for them anymore. 

• Like 1

Understand that point of view. I had a few things I was definitely going to and just went to see bits and pieces of a lot of bands. I’ve seen Biffy so often now that it didn’t excite me and only watched one song afrer Myles K in the Dogtooth. That stage os seriously shit and needs moved. 

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think I'm the only one that wasn't bothered by them. I admit they aren't generally my thing but I gave it a go given I've seen The Darkness but I just got bored. The weather was good but for a festival day it wasn't worth what it cost at all but that's my opinion. I think Biffy have got to the point for me now where their setlists just aren't worth me attending for them anymore. 

it might help you enjoy their setlists more if when Biffy release new music you actually listen to the song in full rather than just 15 secs and deciding you don't like it 😜 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Red Day said:

Understand that point of view. I had a few things I was definitely going to and just went to see bits and pieces of a lot of bands. I’ve seen Biffy so often now that it didn’t excite me and only watched one song afrer Myles K in the Dogtooth. That stage os seriously shit and needs moved. 

Why have they moved The Avalanche right the way down the other end?, people were confusing it with the stage at the top. Yeah not to go too deep into it but after Biffy at Download last time, they were not the headliner I was hoping to get announced to go with the rest of that day for me. Had they continued in the style of their first 3 albums then it would have been fine but there is a reason many people complain about them headlining it each time they have and their crowd size tells a story. They are a Reading/IOW band pure and simple. I didn't have a plan of who but I had my doubts about it. One big gripe is that people really need to not put themselves in the middle of the pits if they are just going to try and hold people off. If you don't want to mosh and you don't like how it's going to be then don't be there. 

That last few lines are why I’m nowhere near a mosh. Too bloody old and unfit to be running around with the young uns 😎. I was knackered despite staying in Prem Inn, Derby for 4 nights

Edited by Red Day